attack trigger

R

rerere

Code:
Order Attack
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 9 (Gray)
    Actions
        Wait 2.50 seconds
        Unit Group - Order (Units owned by Player 9 (Gray)) to Attack (Random unit from (Units of type Heroes))

This works but only to an extent, what i really want is for player 9 units to attack the closest enemy ALWAYS

Ambeco

Reaction score
Set aquisition range of the units to 9999999. They will constantly run at and attack the closest enemy unit on the map.

U

Unregister

i tried that but it dosen't work - they start to move back after a while

rtatpi

Reaction score
instead of using that order, try attack-move to the entering unit. this way, if it they encounter any enemies before that unit, they will attack it.

darth-yoda

Reaction score
How many Units is player 9 going to have on the map? Cuz if your pick all of them and then telling them all to move it could cause the units to lag, not the whole map but all the units orderd could have deleyed movements or moving a few steps, stoping, and then moving again.

R

rerere

if i use "attack-move" i have to choose a point......and really i just want an ongoing chase....

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
They start to move back because the Advanced => Gameplay Constants => Creeps - Guard Return Distance is too small. If you set that one to 9999... too, they will not return unless there's nothing to attack.

R

rerere

grurf said:
They start to move back because the Advanced => Gameplay Constants => Creeps - Guard Return Distance is too small. If you set that one to 9999... too, they will not return unless there's nothing to attack.
woot that worked (so far, havent tested with more than one player yet)
i set guard distance and guard return distance to 999999999.
what does guard return time do?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.