awww map corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mythic Fr0st

my ORPG corrupted:(

It was interesting, I had 7 errors...

even my "terrain" editor screwed up, and ALL my terrain started randomly jumping on the screen, and I got an error "Path: Object Sort Terrain

unable to find or something...

It was cool!

Luckily I have many other backups

Tonks

Reaction score
Pretty sure that he just wanted to share that one of his copies got corrupted..

K

Kevin

my ORPG corrupted:(

It was interesting, I had 7 errors...

even my "terrain" editor screwed up, and ALL my terrain started randomly jumping on the screen, and I got an error "Path: Object Sort Terrain

unable to find or something...

It was cool!

Luckily I have many other backups

This is really the #1 reason why I refuse to use Jass unless absolutely necessary.:D

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Off-topic post

This is really the #1 reason why I refuse to use Jass unless absolutely necessary.:D

(Off-topic)

He didn't wrote anything about JASS. Do you read clearly what he wrote.

Btw GUI = JASS so nothing to do if you think that.

Just a small clarification : Path: Object Sort Terrain = Map got corrupted while saving

K

Kevin

Off-topic post

He didn't wrote anything about JASS. Do you read clearly what he wrote.

Btw GUI = JASS so nothing to do if you think that.

Just a small clarification : Path: Object Sort Terrain = Map got corrupted while saving

Almost every time I use custom JASS it corrupts my maps, that is why I said I don't use jass. I did not say he use jass.

And GUI is != to Custom Jass, cause of how the compiler compiles the custom Jass scripting. It screws up quite a bit.

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Thats properbly because you typed some wrong codes in it. I've never seen JASS codes corrupting maps before. The worst thing you will get is errors that won't let that run because of poor scripting (referring to myself :D).

GUI = JASS in non-text form
There is no difference.
GUI as said by JASS-ers(not me) adds certain useless codes to the scripting.
With JASS, you can simplify the codes and make it run faster(I think). Also, If you've never used JASS, that would means that your triggers have alot of memory leaks.

Correct me if I'm wrong. :D

K

Kevin

Didn't type any wrong codes. Copy and Paste directly from websites. Sometimes world editor decides to corrupt a map because it doesn't want to deal with the Jass.

Since I stopped using jass not a single one of my maps has been corrupted.

I must have some memory leakage, I'm sure, but I don't notice it at all on any of my computers, that includes my 98 machine with my old voodoo card.

Despite what many people assert, I continually see differences in how World Editor processes even its OWN coding, let alone Jass. It's just not true to say that WE processes everything the same. It really doesn't. It's a crap compiler when you get right down to it and it does continually make mistakes.

But let's forget about this now. We all have diff experiences.

o!^_^!o <= Tiki god of peace

Reaction score
You really shouldn't edit JASS codes in World Editor Kevin. Maybe that's why it corrupts your maps, dunno :rolleyes:.

>Luckily I have many other backups
You should thank god that you have xD

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if more than 3/4 of the people who post on these forums actually don't know what they are talking about. Most of this particular thread has been crap.

lh2705, Chocobo and Tonks are the only ones who made sense and were accurate.

Reaction score
Sorry, if there was few off-topic posts. As far as I know, your post was unnecessary too.

It's hard to answer to a topic that's not even question... Seems that you didn't read all of the posts, because we were talking about map corruption as you can see.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't really care if a post is off topic that much.
Ok Uber:

That was a silly coment. He refuses to use JASS because he doesn't understand it.And again:
Almost every time I use custom JASS it corrupts my maps,
Then there's something wrong with either his coding or his WE. JASS does not corrupt maps! The ENTIRE GUI uses JASS. So how can he say that?? WC3 uses JASS. The whole thing is written in Jass.

Copy and Paste directly from websites...Sometimes world editor decides to corrupt a map because it doesn't want to deal with the Jass.
C&P directly is not a good idea unless you know how to debug and write JASS. It only throws wobblies because of incorrect coding. Most of the things on websites and such are examples only and as such might not suitable for c&p.

It's a crap compiler...
Is right.

You really shouldn't edit JASS codes in World Editor Kevin. Maybe that's why it corrupts your maps, dunno
That's just dumb. Jass needs to be edited in WE by those who don't know how to unpack the base files. WE is supposed to be used FOR EDITING JASS. Using either GUI or Custom scripts or Converted Text....IT'S ALL JASS.
Seems that you didn't read all of the posts, because we were talking about map corruption as you can see.
And That just pisses me off. I read EVERY post. Carefully. That's why I'm spazzing about this stuff in a post that didn't have a point in the first place.

I haven't answered Many Many posts on this Forum of late because people seem too lazy or stupid to figure things out themselves. Noobs and 12 year old little boys who have played Dota and want to copy meat hook. Without even SEARCHING for the answer first. Impatient little twats asking the same damn questions without LOOKING at the WE and expecting an answer within 1 hour. People who DON'T read posts properly (at one point this included me) and answer without thinking. /rant

Sorry if I've offended anyone. I'm in a foul mood and I've just go fed up with ...all the above mentioned. I'm gonna go...fix a fence or play a game with creativity.

K

Kevin

chovynz :

fact: jass is not a stable programming language

fact: The entire compiler is Jass and the entire compiler is crap. Jesus christ, the compiler doesn't even read its own code very well, let alone CUSTOM code which has to be PROCESSED before it is LOADED in the compilation process.

fact: copying and pasting scripts which are meant to be copied and pasted isn't going to change whether or not the compiler will work right with jass.

fact: You won't find a single person lose a map to file corruption without Jass or Modifications to their compiler. In all of the messageboards I've been on, I have never, never, never, NEVER ONCE seen anyone lose a map to corruption without one or more of the following: Custom Jass, Custom GUI Mods, Virus on their computer.

Most of the time it's JASS because JASS has to be primed by the compiler before its inserted to the map. And the problem is standard WE tends to stick things in the WRONG places. It doesn't organize very well, and if it accidently shoves a jass script in the wrong portion of the map the map is corrupted.

If you're system is bug free, if you don't use custom jass, and if you use the standard WE -- your map will not corrupt.

Tinesthia

Reaction score
In all of the messageboards I've been on, I have never, never, never, NEVER ONCE seen anyone lose a map to corruption without one or more of the following: Custom Jass, Custom GUI Mods, Virus on their computer.

I have, 3 times in regular WE in the regular GUI, and once with WEU.
There, now you have seen it in a message board. (I have no mods on my computer) Guess it must be a virus then...

(ps Kevin, if you are trying to make arguement with Chovynz, if I read your 'facts' right, some only back up what Chovynz says)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Dude, understand, Jass cannot corrup a map. It can cause a crash to the WE, but that doesn't corrupts the map, unless you manage, in some weird way, to save the map at the same time when it crashes.

In my entire mapping experience, Jass didn't corrupted my maps a single time and I've never heard about Jass corrupting maps. Thus, I think there's a problem with your Warcraft.

Also, you are saying 'Custom Jass'. Has this anything to do with own-inserted natives? Just wondering. If not, again, Jass cannot corrupt a map.

Tinesthia

Reaction score
In my entire mapping experience, Jass didn't corrupted my maps a single time and I've never heard about Jass corrupting maps.
Just because it's never happened yet, doesn't mean it's not possible.?

Tonks

Reaction score
chovynz :

fact: jass is not a stable programming language

fact: The entire compiler is Jass and the entire compiler is crap. Jesus christ, the compiler doesn't even read its own code very well, let alone CUSTOM code which has to be PROCESSED before it is LOADED in the compilation process.

fact: copying and pasting scripts which are meant to be copied and pasted isn't going to change whether or not the compiler will work right with jass.

fact: You won't find a single person lose a map to file corruption without Jass or Modifications to their compiler. In all of the messageboards I've been on, I have never, never, never, NEVER ONCE seen anyone lose a map to corruption without one or more of the following: Custom Jass, Custom GUI Mods, Virus on their computer.

Most of the time it's JASS because JASS has to be primed by the compiler before its inserted to the map. And the problem is standard WE tends to stick things in the WRONG places. It doesn't organize very well, and if it accidently shoves a jass script in the wrong portion of the map the map is corrupted.

If you're system is bug free, if you don't use custom jass, and if you use the standard WE -- your map will not corrupt.

So, according to you, we should map in C++ or something, for a Wc3 map, which reads JASS? Unstable or not, JASS is what Wc3 works on.

I've lost countless maps to odd errors, and never once have I used JASS or any World Editor modifications on those maps. Nor have I had a virus that would target a particular map in my computer.

>fact: You won't find a single person lose a map to file corruption without Jass or Modifications to their compiler.

Now you're lying to us. Just because you, yourself, have never heard about it, doesn't mean it's never happened.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think you're completely clueless, let alone a pompous fool.

turok255

Reaction score
lol JASS can't corrupt a map unless its placed im-properly

and like the ones that aren't talking out their ass said...

WARCRAFT IS JASS

M

Mythic Fr0st

lol

LOL this is funny...

I learnt something though!

error while saving WOO!

it looked cool, I just needed to share that with everyone lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.