back pack

Pyromancer

Reaction score
does anyone know how to make it so when a unit gets back pack (when you research it) the unit can actualy use backpack? do you need triggers?

another question: does the gem (warcraft world editor) do anything exept add death animations?

Pyromancer

MooMooMan

Reaction score
????????????:nuts:

dude y in hell do u want to use the backpack icon/ability????????explain wa u wanna do with it :nuts:

Sargon

Reaction score
MooMooMan said:
dude y in hell do u want to use the backpack icon/ability????????explain wa u wanna do with it :nuts:

He DID.

Pyromancer, make sure that the backpack upgrade (I think) applies to the unit. Either that or give it the backpack ability to start.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
Sargon said:
Either that or give it the backpack ability to start.

i want the unit be able to USE the items, not just carry them. nothing has been edited, its a meelee game, and when back pack is researched, the unit has an inventory. he can pick up items, but not use them. like if he got a heal ppotion, he could just carry it and pon it to a shop or hero. is it possible to alow the unit to USE THE ITEM?

Rad

Reaction score
Not exactly sure how I did it for a map awhile back, I think you edit the item ability and allow 'ground/air' or 'organic', or maybe theres something in there like 'Hero', uncheck that.

another question: does the gem (warcraft world editor) do anything exept add death animations?

It shows death animation, and allows unit sounds... (Once when I was making a trigger I had to select one and it was a ghoul, he was like No Gutz, no gorey! So with triggers it might do thier pissed sound which was cool :p)

When you use the gem, some doodads and buildings bug out. Like when you delete a circle of power it stays for an extra 5 seconds... If you try to delete it again then when it gets deleted its pathing can stay there. It doesnt effect the actual game and fixes when u reload the map... Not sure if anyone else gets that bug to

Pyromancer

Reaction score
so, all the gem does is add death animations and sounds when you click on a unit? and i didnt really get about ground organic air........... ect.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Theres a Data Field in the Inventory Ability that says: Can use items. Change that to true.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.