Basic Data Importing Question

Undead Me

Reaction score
A friend and I are working on a map. While he was fiddling around with the terrain on his own computer, I made a dummy map and made some custom items, units, abilities, triggers, etc. When he finished the terrain he e-mailed his version of the map back to me. I want to import the stuff I made on my dummy map into our real map. However, we already have some custom data in the real map.

How can I import the new custom stuff without deleting the old custom stuff?

Super.Gnome

Reaction score
Copy and paste it from the dummy map to the actually map. It takes less time if you disable the brush list under the window menu, because it will load 10x faster.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
That's the only way unless you import all the files from your dummy map to your real one :(.

I do recall seeing an addon somewhere that let more than one person work at the same time though.... I'll try to find it.

Undead Me

Reaction score
Alright, I guess there's nothing for it but to spend an hour or so opening and closing maps. Thanks to those who posted.

TheTempest

Reaction score
Alright, I guess there's nothing for it but to spend an hour or so opening and closing maps. Thanks to those who posted.

If you were a badass you could open up the files in a hex editor, determine where the custom units start and stop, then copy and paste that into the other map.

Hmm. I should make a program that does this..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.