Blight Help (Was:Trigger? Help Please)

freakincage

Reaction score
Hey, I don't know if this has been asked before but I was wondering if someone can help me with a trigger. I want to make a unit specifically for terrain creating. The unit will be called like "Blight Maker" and basically when ever the unit walks over an area the is dirt or grass or any type of grass/dirt area, the area will turn to blight. I've seen this once before and I'm just wondering if someone could make this for me? Is it an ability or trigger? Thank you.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Code:
Blight
    Events
        Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Environment - Create Blight for (Owner of (Picked unit)) from (Position of (Picked unit)) to a radius of 150.00

freakincage

Reaction score
Hmm...yes thought it was that easy :)
Well Thank You

Since I'm here, lets see if I can post another question without making a new thread. Okay now I'm making a tank and I have this really cool model for it too :). Tanks in real life can go in speeds of 30-45 mph and basically all i want is a tank that can vary in speeds.

My tank's set speed is at 245 and I want to know is it possible to make a trigger to change the units speed based on knowing if that unit is commanded to short or long distances?
If I want to move my tank from point A to point B, I want the tank to move slowly to its position of a speed of maybe; 200

pointA ------------- pointB

If I want to move my tank from point C to point D, I want the tank to move faster to its position of a speed of maybe; 300

pointC ----------------------------------------- pointD

Now, I know how to set or change units speeds in the trigger editor, but what I'm asking is, is there a way to know if the unit is being sent to a short or long distance? Thanks.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Code:
Events: Unit is issued an order targetting a point
Conditions: Whatever
Actions: Set GeneralPoint equal to (Position of (Ordered unit))
         Set GeneralPoint2 equal to (Target point of issued order)
         If (Distance between (GeneralPoint) and (GeneralPoint2)) less than or equal to (600.00) then Whatever

A roughly generated code. If it's still unclear I could pop open the World Editor and see what I can do.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Code:
Trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Tank
    Actions
        Set Distance = (Integer((Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Target point of issued order))))
        Set Movement = (Distance / 2)
        Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to (Real(Distance))

I guess this would work. Not entirely sure though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.