Book Club - Book 1!

Which book?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
I know that I wasn't voted in, but I think it's in the best interest of the people to get this out of the way!
I made the poll allow for multiple selections, in case anyone would like to vote for more than one.

Due Date: The book will be selected on October 9th, so vote in! Discussions about the piece will begin on November 3rd. That's just over 3 weeks.

Rules
1. In fairness to the others reading, let's establish a ban on threads about the story UNTIL that date; no sense in setting up spoilers for people that are still working on reading theirs.
2. Debating/discussion rules to come; ALL opinions are to be welcomed and not shot down at the drop of a pin.
3. Given the fact that this is literary discussion, I think it in the best interest of the attendance to check their spelling before posting to avoid grammar nazi-ish behaviour from others. Check three times, just to be sure :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
To be clear, because it's been some time since I read this book, Animal Farm is the one where the animals, led by the pigs, overthrow the humans running the farm, but eventually start acting exactly like the humans did?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
That would be my vote, then :) Not 100% sure I'll be able to get to a library to borrow it in time, but that's still my vote.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It seems to me like everyone has read Animal Farm, though. I voted for the only one I haven't read..

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
It seems to me like everyone has read Animal Farm, though. I voted for the only one I haven't read..

I voted for Animal Farm, as it's the only one of the three I haven't already read.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Animal Farm and Of Mice and Men are very good books! Love the themes behind it, and the small symbolism. Haven't read Brave New World.

Option from first to last:
Brave New World
Of Mice and Men
Animal Farm

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
I've heard animal farm is good, and the summaries have intrigued me.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Animal Farm?! We should read Brave New World. :)

Oh well. The majority decides.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Animal Farm; Wouldn't mind re-reading it Oo

It's also a classic so it should be easy to find in a store of library...

Chao

Reaction score
She closes tonight, ladies and gentlemen! Be sure to have your votes in!

As for those voting for the other books, I think that perhaps we can arrange a system whereby instead of just adding a new poll with three new books next time, we carry over 1 or both of the unchosen peices for the next vote. Juuust a suggestion, that's a group concensus thing.

Halahan

Reaction score
Thats a good idea. The second highest vote be in the next poll. Although I think maybe if we do that, then we should have 4 options.

Chao

Reaction score
Apparently this poll closes tonight when I meant for it to close yesterday evening - I'm off for the weekend, guys, I miss my fiancee so I'm going to go eat turkey with her family (and her, of course :))

From what I can tell, unless something changes big-time, Animal Farm is the apparent winner! It's a very, very short book, so it should be an easy read! (I took Brave New World out from the library too, just as well :p)

See you all soon! Remember, November 3rd!

Halahan

Reaction score
I will try to read it, but its possible I'll never get the chance.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.