Boss Making

Kershbob

Reaction score
I got bored of RPG maps a long time ago as I find them quite dull. So Ive decided to make some things that people can implement into their maps to make them less lame.

Obviously the coolest thing about RPG maps should be the quests, terrain and bosses. Since I suck at terraining and that quests are too specific I've decided to make mini boss fight maps.

Anywho here's a beta example of a dragon boss fight. It's big because I wanted a nice WoW dragon model.

And no you don't need two people to play it.
And yes it is protected.
And yes I will release an unprotected version later.

So like; tell me what you think.

EDIT: New; actually playable version <3
LINKORZ

I

Ident1ty

Lol I tried soloing that, pretty damn hard. Died when I had the dragon about half hp.. Anyway nice map. Maybe you should make 2 versions of each boss. The 2v1 and then a solo one. If you want some terraining help I could do that and make it so that they have to go through some creeps before fighting the boss first...

Kershbob

Reaction score
Well obviously it's not meant to be 2v1 :D

Should be a good group of 5 heroes. I mean the pally I added is uber so you can sort of manage to do it.

Also the model is from WoW so that's why it's nice.

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Nice job. I like the spells and attention to detail (barring, of course, the blatant overdose of heal from the Paladin to compensate for the fact that there are only two heroes). :p

You know, as someone who's working on an RPG (of sorts) at the moment, sometimes I wish I could just stick to this kind of stuff as well. Still, I'm actually trying to have as few lesser monsters as possible, putting more of an emphasis on storyline than leveling. So, in effect, my map really is just a string of harder challenges. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, even if you do get tired of the menial content in most RPGs, keep in mind that you, the mapper, always dictate the path your game will follow.

In other words, I believe you have talent in that you can design bosses like this, and I would encourage you not to limit your self solely to sprucing up the content of others' maps. Sure, you might not make "RPGs" in the traditional sense, but I bet you could make a very fun map with only these types of instances if you made a convincing storyline to go along with it. So, think about it, and in the meantime, keep up the good work!

The Hegemuffin

(+rep)

D

Deathbedeli

Pretty fun map!

Cept really hard even with both players (but I suck at micro-management)

Hope to see more boss maps from you!!

Kershbob

Reaction score
Since people seem to like it and the fact one of my friends made me do it; here's a playable version that up to 5 people can have a go at. Custom heroes and custom spells with an inbuilt melee crit/spell crit system. Also fixed some bugs; in terms of balancing it shares an amount of gold between the people.

Playable Version

Ain't got winrar? Get it here.

D

Deathbedeli

Lol in the map on the first post, I like how all of the dragon spell's are named "Dragon Spell"

R

Rikkator

I loved it!
How did you make him fly every now and then? o.0 I'm using that model in my rpg but haven't a clue.

D

Deathbedeli

You know that skill the Goblin Tinker has, that allows him to turn into a big robot?

Yeah he modifyed that so I used the same model cept flying.

This map is fun!!! (HARD!!!)

Kershbob

Reaction score
Took ages to make it so the dragon actually used the spell...keep deciding that attacking heroes was more important.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Someone played Final Fantasy 7 ? There is in Gold Sauser Battle Arena, uhh I loved it. It was so cool, buying items and batteling and so on. Do this type thing with lv just bosses and you and ur team has to def them. Ofcourse make it as Warcraft Hp, dmg and storyline or whatever :p

O

OmgWtfBacon

All I did with that arena was get to (about, maybe above) level 60, go in with Ultima Weapon, good materia (all my mastered good ones) and slaughter everything. I did like the slot thing they did after each battle, kept some originality in it (while also making it sometimes HORRIBLY gay). Anyways don't remember everything FF7 WAS MADE like 6 years ago....

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
yes but that game was/ is good both ff7 and this map. Man I need to rip custom bliz models too, they look so good with their high polygon rate. W3 units lack of it. Where did you download it or got it ?

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
It was fun but I killed the blow heart in my 2nd try. We should have a boss fight contest later on in the future :D

Kershbob

Reaction score
Well I increased it's hp by (2k + (500xNo. of players))

Also I think I'll add some more spells.

H

hey its X

its sweet. you should make one where u just have to kill progressivly harder bosses till the final boss. also in that, make a small creep battle area, so the players can get a bit of extra cash

i bet it'd be fun.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.