Health Boston Company Invents Way To Detect Date Rape Drugs In Drinks

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
hB8A6436C

BOSTON (CBS) — It’s a scary thought: having an illegal drug slipped into a drink at a bar or nightclub.

A Boston entrepreneur has a new simple way to detect date rape drugs.

That’s a good thing because the night scene can get a little crazy when the alcohol flows.

Alexis Johnson of Braintree said she is concerned someone could tamper with her drink.

“It is always something a single woman should worry about, single or married.”

Annie Murawski of Boston added, “When everyone is partying, it is really easy for something like that to happen.”

It just takes a small amount of a date rape drug to knock out an unsuspecting victim. The most common is rohypnol, also known as roofies, and it’s dangerous.

--------------------------------------------
I got roofied once. Managed to make it home in one piece but don't remember anything. If I had passed out in or on my way to the car I probably would have been dead. I was lucky, I left right after I had the drink. I am a big fan of these detection gadgets.

Last edited:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
I got roofied once. Managed to make it home in one piece but don't remember anything. If I had passed out in or on my way to the car I probably would have been dead. I was lucky, I left right after I had the drink. I am a big fan of these detection gadgets.
Wow, you got lucky there... Indeed

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
Detecting date rape drugs in drinks, lol, the most common date rape drug is alcohol, which IS the drink.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, you got lucky there... Indeed

I was not drinking that night. Some guy I thought was my friend gave me a pitcher of beer he said he just bought it and had to go. I was not planning on being there so I had a drink or two and then left. I got a flashback of a memory of me slurring to the bartender something I had not remembered before when I left. I never remembered before leaving. I must have barely made it home. I am sure they were waiting for me to pass out in the bar. I had dated the bartender and it did not go well and I think some of her friends were planning revenge.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm If it didn't get well, why revenge on you? Maybe they was Just jealous Or, something?

This was total bar scene stuff. I had just gotten my divorce and was on a crazy tear. It was lots of alcohol, lots of late nights and lots of bar drama. I did not make the best decisions during that time and neither were the people that I was hanging around. I was lucky to get out of that phase in one piece.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I see the news again and it has been 11 years later and I do not see this anywhere to buy...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.