World Boy, 14, banned from school for moustache but father says he's too young to shave

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
maybe the school warned him several times to shave it, but he never did, thats what my school would do probably, it would warn you then ban you, unless the school is jacked up theres nothing calling for insta ban with no warning

That's still not the point. A school has no right to choose something like this for a kid. And to punish him on something they have no right for, I'd either start a protest or sue.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sue? That costs money.
Protest? ...Yeah. x)

I'd just shave the damned thing off. It's not worth the hassle.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I'd just shave the damned thing off. It's not worth the hassle.

Exactly! I mean seriously? Is it really worth having a mustache if it means you won't get your education? A mustache will GROW BACK.

Sure, the school is a bit retarded and has no right, but if they're willing to go through this trouble, then just shave the damned thing off!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Its bull shit. Its like people saying "Your not allowed an education because your ugly."

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
They are only doing it for their 15 minutes of fame

The Academy has established rules on personal appearance and dress which students are expected to adhere to.'
The charity-run school has a uniform policy that even staff are expected to comply with.

If the staff and all the other students are expected to adhere to the uniform policy, then he should as well.

"However, the teenager says he does not want to start shaving regularly at his age as it will ruin his skin. "
"I'm not shaving it at my age. It will ruin my face."

I think he really needs to go to school, he clearly has no idea what he is talking about, shaving does not ruin your skin, it's actually good for you.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
A spokesman for Manchester Academy, which has more than 700 pupils, said it was a standard requirement that all children are clean shaven.

I think that the spokesman is a pervert, atleast that is what I get out of this quote:nuts:

A person that is asking a CHILD to shave, must have been doing this to much->:banghead:

Edit:
I think he really needs to go to school, he clearly has no idea what he is talking about, shaving does not ruin your skin, it's actually good for you.

Dude, just look at him, do you really think that he looks like someone who can handle a razor?:p

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
While I wholeheartedly agree that the school is being uptight, I don't see the family winning in the matter anytime soon. How much school will he miss before they let him back in, mustache and all? three weeks? four weeks? two months? I personally think education is more important than my 'stache, so sometimes you have to stop being a bitch about it, suck it up, and shave off the mustache.

Again, let me stress that I think the school should just let him have the mustache in any case.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
so much controversy.. over a mustache lawlz, this is what thehelper has come to xD.. id like to point out however, that even though he may not like it, they are still the authority in his life, if he doesnt listen to a simple school, how will he listen later in life? there will always be someone over you

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
I think all parts involved are formed by idiots.

On one side there's the school. I am not against uniform policy, but the shave thing is a bit off... as in, I do not (and probably most normal people) consider a small mustache as indecent. If the guy was looking like a hobo then I would understand.

On the other side there's the boy with his father. He is not too young to shave. I started shaving at 13. As for the skin ruining thing, somebody give him a book on male puberty issues, please. Shaving does not ruin your skin. Oh, maybe he's talking about a possible irritation, but there are plenty of lotions for that. And honestly, if he continues to be that stubborn over a mustache and not continue his education, he will become a homeless guy and will be able to have a nice, big, beard, with nobody bashing him for it :thup:.

And anyway, that's not even a mustache. It's just a puffy thing :rolleyes:. When I got that one I shaved it pretty quick, I thought it was laughable :p.

Mustache.JPG

This is a real mustache =].

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Hey, hey, what's wrong?? You are all forgetting about social contract. If the kid wants education from THAT school, he has to follow the rules.

The charity-run school has a uniform policy that even staff are expected to comply with.

When he signed up there, he has read about the dress code. He knew that there are standards that he is expected to meet, including the "How-do-I-look" category. This is what the school wants in exchange for the education he's gonna get, so if he complains, it is out of stupidity.

'They've embarrassed me and they've embarrassed my family. I was walking down the corridor to registration and one of the teachers took me into a room. '

No, I'm sorry, you've done the embarrassing. You chose to break the rules and walk into a school with a strict "visual" standards with a moustache. Don't blame them - YOU disobeyed the rules.

The rules, again:
'The Academy has established rules on personal appearance and dress which students are expected to adhere to.'

It's your fault, kid, sorry. It's called rules.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
why would he blatantly walk into a school with a mustache, when he knows what the rules are

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
How do you people even know that the "no mustasch" rule is in their rules?
It could just be that their is a loop-hole in their dressing policy;)

My former boss said that I was not allowed to use "snus" on the job, but I was allowed when I proved that the rules could not possibly contain any prohibitions for "snus" when formulated as they where:p They where changed pretty quick after that tho:(

DM Cross

Reaction score
Off Topic: What the Hell is "snus"?!

I'd just go to a different school.

One with less stupidity.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ugh. Tobacco o_O Gross, man.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Yeah :( Why do people use tobacco? Same goes for alcohol -_-' Would you drink a gasoline? It's pretty much the same as alcohol except will make you sick sooner.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.