World Boy, 14, banned from school for moustache but father says he's too young to shave

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
It is a rite of passage for teenage boys - the often ridiculed appearance of a first moustache. But when Akaash Iqbal, 14, came into school with a slightly hairy upper lip it turned out to be no laughing matter.
He was sent home and told not to return unless he shaves it off. But he and his family say the school is overreacting over a 'bit of fluff' and refuse to remove it.
Akaash has now missed nearly two weeks of schooling and last night his parents accused the school of jeopardising his education.

article-1196726-058D9105000005DC-628_468x308.jpg

-------------------------------------------------

Too young or not, the mustache (and perhaps the uno-brow) needs to be shaved, for fashions-sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
whats the problem? how is this news, all the kid is doing is being an ignorant punk

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
A bit hard to support his position, since I started shaving when I was 14 :thdown:

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
all he did to get out of school was to grow a moustache? dang you guys have it easy...If i didn't want to go to school i'd have to get a case of SARS or something equaly deadly. And no they still make me go to school even if i have a fever. :rolleyes:

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Soon to turn 17, I've had a moustache (Well, the same fuzz he has that they call a moustache) since I was 13 and a beard since 15, have yet to shave them completely off... My school doesn't care. The school this guy goes to needs to learn some tolerance, damn. Their dress code fails...

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Seriously? Whoop de fucking do? Let the kid have a damned mohawk for fucks sake. A ban of education for a moustache? What the hell is wrong with the shcool this kid goes to?

Education is the most important thing that humans have to offer and unless he disturbs class, he shouldn't be banned.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Damn straight he shouldn't be banned. I think his excuse of not shaving because he's too young is a little thin, but I have gone into school some days with a 'tache that would give Stalin a run for his money :p
It's like any school that tells pupils how they should look (apart from school uniform); it's blown out of all proportion and it's not the school's decision to make as to whether or not someone is allowed to have a full ZZ Top beard.
And what this kid has barely even qualifies as a proper mustache!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As stupid as the school is, the kids no better.
Sacrificing his future/education for the sake of a fucking moustache?

Genius. :rolleyes:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I was an unruly looking sumbitch. I started growing a "mustache" at 13ish and didn't start shaving til I was about 18 because I just didn't care. My face was very scruffy most of my high school career. Still is. I just can't bring myself to care what I look like. I work in a bloody warehouse, who cares if I look like I belong in a suit?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Lol. I'm 15, I got a 'stache. My school doesn't care :-/ I have no idea why his school would. But if the school would ban me for my 'stache, I'd shave it off. Seriously. Not worth it.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
The schools jealous of the boys mustache... Duh... Or maybe all the female teachers over there got theirs when they were 15 and they couldn't handle it :p

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
i dont exactly see why anyone would support this kid how hard is it to SHAVE A MUSTACHE

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
If it were me, I wouldn't shave it either. It's my body and I can do whatever I want to it, provided it's not illegal or dangerous. My image is my image. I wore a trench coat to school because I like how they look. And this was after Columbine. I was told multiple times by members of the school staff to take my coat off and I turned around and told them that when it was in the rule books that I couldn't wear this coat, I'd just start taking detentions and not going to them because my clothing was my problem, not theirs.

It's a matter of principle at this point. The school is attempting to control something they have no right to do anything with.

asipo

Reaction score
I think the school do dont have the right to banned him cos of moustache.
But even so, its just the moustance cant the kid just shave it?

Btw, why the school want to ban him for that?

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
maybe the school warned him several times to shave it, but he never did, thats what my school would do probably, it would warn you then ban you, unless the school is jacked up theres nothing calling for insta ban with no warning

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Wow, what is the big deal?! school didn't find more serious things.. then a kid with a mustache ?! holy crap

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.