UK News British Airways apologises after passengers left 'covered' in bedbug bites

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
British Airways has apologised after passengers on a longhaul flight were bitten by bedbugs.

Canadian Heather Szilagyi was travelling with her fiancé and daughter from Vancouver to London last month, when she says she saw a bug crawling out from her TV screen – on the back of the seat in front of her.

Szilagyi, who works in the hotel industry, recognised it as a bed bug immediately, she told CTV Vancouver. “I wanted to grab it but they're quick, and it crawled back inside, behind the screen,” she said. She saw more bugs later on in the flight, including as they were served their inflight meals.

Szilagyi alerted a flight attendant, she says, but was told the plane was full and there was no way to move the group. The FA apologised, she said, but didn’t seem surprised. “It was nine hours of knowing that I was probably going to get bit, but not being sure,” Szilagyi said. “But there wasn't really anything I could do about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.