Can only play some maps in RoC

warcraftgame

Reaction score
Hi

I have 3 maps that I play. Footman wars elite, battleships crossfire and castlefight. However when i host these maps in Roc, the only map being displayed is Footman wars. The other two don't. How do i fix this?

wilze

Reaction score
If they're not playable they're not playable. And yes there are people on this board but they simply choose not to answer your question.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
if a map has any add ons of TFT in it then it wont play to RoC. if the map is a TFT map but only has stuff in it that can be made from RoC files then it should be playable. Your FWE map probably just doesn't have new things in it.

warcraftgame

Reaction score
if a map has any add ons of TFT in it then it wont play to RoC. if the map is a TFT map but only has stuff in it that can be made from RoC files then it should be playable. Your FWE map probably just doesn't have new things in it.

So does this mean that if i remove any TFT material from the maps they will be playable in roc?

Kayoss666

Reaction score
So does this mean that if i remove any TFT material from the maps they will be playable in roc?

that should allow them to be but you would have to remove every thing that aint in RoC including triggers, sounds, items, abilities, units, etc.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
This should be do-able. How do I know which material is TFT?

thats the hard part the only way i could think of to find out is to have just RoC on one computer and TFT on another load both editors and look and find the differences besides that i can't think of anyway to find the differences.

there might be a read-me about all the add ins of TFT

warcraftgame

Reaction score
Ok, so i tried opening battleships crossfire with world editor. It gives me the message: "This application has encountered a critical error". Odd.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
yeah you would have to open it in TFT editor and change the stuff in it but if it aint your map it is probably protected and this site is not allow to support deprotection.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
I think he already has TFT cause he says he's using TFT editor... Unless he doesn't Baterasis's Idea is the best (Cause its the only simplest method.)

warcraftgame

Reaction score
I already have TFT. The problem is when i host games in TFT, no one joins. However when I host in ROC, many people joins.

TheKeyOfAwes

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am just wondering. Have you guys ever heard of converting? Convert a RoC map to at TFT map? It is very simple and it works with many maps. That means that you can have TFT features on RoC. If you could not convert war3 maps to RoC 80% of the maps you play on RoC today would not been on RoC. If you knew the difference on RoC and TFT editor you would understand. Here comes an example: You all might know the mapPreview picture (the small picture that you see top right corner before game start). To be able to change that icon you must be able to import stuff into Editor. But you can not do that in RoC editor so you need TFT editor. Still most of RoC maps has this map Preview Picture. I did it my self many times. I often convert TFT maps to RoC. Only one problem for you guys. You need the original map to make it work. And i guess that you don't have that. Converting only works on you own maps i think. I am not 100% sure, but i had a lot of problems converting others maps even tho i unprotected them first. So i guess you all wonder what program i use to convert RoC maps to TFT. Well it is called WinMPQ, but! I think you need a few others programs first I don't remember but here comes a link howto: http://www.d3scene.com/forum/warcra...uide-how-convert-tft-roc-maps-simplified.html
Enjoy. (Btw: how would Hero Line Wars RoC with all those spells work on roc? (When you can not edit spells in RoC editor))

The reason why i posted all this was because i have a problem. So if you could help me that would be great.
The Locust ability does not work when you convert the map. So If you have a clue please help a brother out :)

Any W3E (Warcraft III Editor) Problems? Just ask.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
@warcraftgames That happens to me, I doubt you can host TFT games without a bot. ROC games I don't know.

So maybe that's why, use MakeMeHost to host your games (your games may be already on there, if your lucky) otherwise you can get them to import it to their website and then you can host it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.