Can only play some maps in RoC

TheKeyOfAwes

Reaction score
@warcraftgames That happens to me, I doubt you can host TFT games without a bot. ROC games I don't know.

So maybe that's why, use MakeMeHost to host your games (your games may be already on there, if your lucky) otherwise you can get them to import it to their website and then you can host it

You are all wrong my friend :)
Everyone can host on TFT if they can on RoC. The only thing is that 99% of Warcraft is now bots. and that is why no one joins ur games. Bots has the best autorefresher you can get. It "deletes" and "rehosts" the game very often. That makes the game come on top of the Game List. That means your game will get on the bottom. If you get VCK (Visual Custom Kick) you will be able to get a very good autorefresher but i doubt that your game will get full instantly.

warcraftgame

Reaction score
@warcraftgames That happens to me, I doubt you can host TFT games without a bot. ROC games I don't know.

So maybe that's why, use MakeMeHost to host your games (your games may be already on there, if your lucky) otherwise you can get them to import it to their website and then you can host it

Yeah it's a pestilence. It's people who started those idiotic bots that ruins the game. You are literally forced into joining a game with shitty ping, feeders, teamkillers, antisocial jerks, kids, trolls and other social misfits, and you have absolutely no control of the game, anyone can join and ruin it for others as they please. That's why I host my own games, so I can actually kick people like those.

I have tried makemehost which gave me the ability to kick people, however people rarely joined. I tried hosting battleships using makemehost, and after waiting for 30 minutes with only 2-3 people joining i simply gave up.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Some people just like other maps, and don't try new maps, I have maps that I stick to, but if i just stuck to Werewolf Trans then I wouldn't of found out about roleplaying and instead, I would have left cause I was getting bored of Werewolf trans

I hate bots, and I wish they never existed. Warcraft 3 was better without bots than with.

There would be half as much maps also.

warcraftgame

Reaction score
Explain me this then: When I host Footman wars elite in TFT, only a few people joins, even if you wait for about an hour.

However when I host Footman wars elite in ROC, I have a full house in less than 5 minutes. It's the exact same map I host in both TFT and ROC.

warcraftgame

Reaction score
Also the reason why I want to make Castlefight and Battleships playable in ROC is because I have the feeling that people will join in plenty, just like they do with Footman wars.

warcraftgame

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am just wondering. Have you guys ever heard of converting? Convert a RoC map to at TFT map? It is very simple and it works with many maps. That means that you can have TFT features on RoC. If you could not convert war3 maps to RoC 80% of the maps you play on RoC today would not been on RoC. If you knew the difference on RoC and TFT editor you would understand. Here comes an example: You all might know the mapPreview picture (the small picture that you see top right corner before game start). To be able to change that icon you must be able to import stuff into Editor. But you can not do that in RoC editor so you need TFT editor. Still most of RoC maps has this map Preview Picture. I did it my self many times. I often convert TFT maps to RoC. Only one problem for you guys. You need the original map to make it work. And i guess that you don't have that. Converting only works on you own maps i think. I am not 100% sure, but i had a lot of problems converting others maps even tho i unprotected them first. So i guess you all wonder what program i use to convert RoC maps to TFT. Well it is called WinMPQ, but! I think you need a few others programs first I don't remember but here comes a link howto: http://www.d3scene.com/forum/warcra...uide-how-convert-tft-roc-maps-simplified.html
Enjoy. (Btw: how would Hero Line Wars RoC with all those spells work on roc? (When you can not edit spells in RoC editor))

The reason why i posted all this was because i have a problem. So if you could help me that would be great.
The Locust ability does not work when you convert the map. So If you have a clue please help a brother out :)

Any W3E (Warcraft III Editor) Problems? Just ask.

If you figure out how to convert maps let me know, I have two maps (battleships and castlefight) that I would love to play in roc.

warcraftgame

Reaction score
My bad.

Anyway it doesn't work.

There are some problems that prevents the torturial from working:

4. Now open the new empty RoC map with WinMPQ. Select everything inside and then right click and select delete.

When i select all the files and click delete, nothing happens.

5. Add all of the files that you extracted from your TFT map into the now-blank RoC map. Do this by clicking 'Add folder' and locating the folder you previously extracted all of the TFT maps content too.

I am getting this message when attempting the above: "The text in the box below will be put at the beginnins of the names of every file you selected". Click OK or cancel.

And when I attempt to save the roc map in roc editor, i get this message "Not all player starting locations have been fixed. Automatically generate starting locations?" click OK or cancel.

warcraftgame

Reaction score
Good news.

I found a version of castlefight that can be opened with world editor, it is basically the same as the newest 1.21b except some of the text is in another language, i suppose i could change that.

However when i open world editor it opens the frozen throne world editor, how do open the roc world editor?

krainert

Reaction score
I don't think you can, but the TFT editor will warn you when you save if you've introduced any TFT-only assets.

warcraftgame

Reaction score
Yeah it gives me the message "map version is unsupported" when i try and open it with roc editor.

The problem is that i can only save to warcraft 3 expansion in the frozen throne editor. I need to somehow save it as a warcraft 3 roc file in the world editor.

warcraftgame

Reaction score
I uninstalled TFT.

Now when I can open the map (Castlefight) with TFT world editor, how do you make it playable in roc?

warcraftgame

Reaction score
If i give the direct link to the map could you guys check it out for me? I really want to play Castlefight and Battleships in ROC!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.