Centralnic no longer in control of GB.COM ?

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Seems the owners who own a domain name with the extension yourname.gb.com are having a rough time. Since yesterday every domain name with the extension gb.com stopped resolving.
It is currently unclear if it is a legal dispute or that a hacker took control of the nameservers.

More info can be located at ccTLD

GB.COM is not an official domain extension as for example co.uk or .com. It's a so called third level domain name extension. Centralnic owns many of these third level domain extensions and recently launched DE.COM.
They are pretty expensive (around 50$ a year) and i consider those third level domain names as a pure marketing invention. Never the less there are still many people who do register one and setup a company website on one of those extensions ergo some believe they are official country code top level domains.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
yeah i feel like this article has not lived up to the recent standard of technology related news... it SHOULD be interesting, it's just not...

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It might be not a typical TH post. But gb.com owners finally starting to realise what happend to their domain name and website thanks to such posts at thehelper.
Monday mainstream media will pickup the story since thousands of domain owners got the shaft here due to this legal dispute.

Action groups have now been formed by pervious domain owners : http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=4025518

So this post helped out some people ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.