"Channel" - Missing target cursor

STM1993

Reaction score
EDIT:
Solved the missing target cursor - Targetting Image shouldn't have been there. Thanks TomTTT!
Now just need to figure out how to refine the skill itself.

Hey, I'm new here. Also just started learning to properly edit maps.

Anyway, I'm trying to create a spell with Channel which can target an undead unit. What it does is kill any undead unit that is being selected. The spell works alright; I can target someone with it, kills undeads and it won't hurt non-undead, but the targeting cursor doesn't show up when using the spell. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

This is the trigger:
Code:
Kill Undead
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Kill Undead 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Target unit of ability being cast) is Undead) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
                Unit - Kill (Target unit of ability being cast)
            Else - Actions
                Sound - Play Error <gen>
                Game - Display to (All players matching ((Casting unit) Equal to (Casting unit))) for 5.00 seconds the text: Must target an Undead!

And this is what I have in Channel (sorry I couldn't get it in text format):

In addition, is there a way to refine this skill such that it will only cast if its undead like how Death Pact works(without the "Already at Full Health")? Currently this skill will still cast regardless, and the casting animation doesn't play.

TomTTT

Reaction score
The problem is that you did "Targeting Image" but no Area of Effect, which causes it not to show. The Targeting Image is like with Flame Strike or Cluster Rockets, the area, and there is no cursor. So just remove that option, or set the Area of Effect.

STM1993

Reaction score
Maybe you should use an undead targeting spell like Death Coil.
Won't and didn't work. I need to be able to target both enemies and allies, and it will not work if the target has full health either.

The problem is that you did "Targeting Image" but no Area of Effect, which causes it not to show. The Targeting Image is like with Flame Strike or Cluster Rockets, the area, and there is no cursor. So just remove that option, or set the Area of Effect.
Okay, removed the targetting image and the cursor shows up perfectly. Thanks!

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Won't and didn't work. I need to be able to target both enemies and allies, and it will not work if the target has full health either.

Then you'll have to stick with triggering. Also, your special effect is never destroyed. So it would leak. Make sure you destroy it.

STM1993

Reaction score
Then you'll have to stick with triggering. Also, your special effect is never destroyed. So it would leak. Make sure you destroy it.
Noted. Added a "Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)" at the end of the kill trigger.
Thanks for the help!

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.