Charged Item

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I've got an item "Battery Staff" in my map which creates a small ball of electricity above you. This ball grows until either you are attacked or it reaches its capacity; in either case it releases huge amounts of lightning at nearby enemies. This works fine, no complaints. I do, however, have trouble with the item itself. Obviously it's an activated item, so I made it under the "Charged" subgroup. However, once I activate it once, the item stops working. I can't use the same item twice in a row; once I use it once it almost seems like it "morphs" into a Permanant item that can't be activated. The only way I can use it twice is to drop the item and pick it back up again.

I tried a "quick fix" where it drops that Battery Staff, destroys it, and generates a new one, but that was buggy and just duplicates the item. Any way to fix this?

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
I think the better way would be to create a new one with the same charges.
Do it of Jass it might reduce lag ?

BlackDeath09

Reaction score
One of the mods made a map called Random Dota Spells 1 and another called Random Dota Spells 2, get these maps its all in jass and there are dota spells/items which i think will help you greatly

Cheddar

Reaction score
Perhaps I should have been a bit clearer; the item ability works fine. The item is unable to be used twice in a row.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Maby change it from changed to masculent

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>.. so I made it under the "Charged" subgroup.
So, your item got an amount of charges then, due to you put it within the "Charged" group? Well, this does not do much anyways...

>>the item ability works fine
Which ability is it based on?

Which item is this item based on?

Cheddar

Reaction score
Well, I put it in the Charged group so it was actually activateable. The ability is based off of Divine Shield so you can use it while running. As for the item it is based off of, I copied another charged item I have already that works flawlessly.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>I put it in the Charged group so it was actually activateable.
That is an option... Even permanent items can be set to "activateable".

The problem lies within the divine shield. There seems to be a cooldown behind it, you do not have to drop the item and pick it up again... after 15 seconds or so, you are able to use the same item again, without drop/pick up, at least I was. :)

Well, change the ability from Divine shield to... Potion ability? Berserk?

Edit: if you want the invulnerability, there is always "poiton of invulnerability", the item and the ability.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.