Close a spell book

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I need a way to close my spell book after I have used a spell in it.
I don't want to remove the spell book and then adding it again as I have immolation and it deactivates when I do that.

I tried diabling and re enabling the ability but that doesn't work.

I noticed that when you open a spell book select another unit and then reselecte your hero, the spell book is closed but when I triggered it, it doesn't work. Must be some kind of time delay.

Any ideas???

EDIT!! Also, no use of forcing player to force press escape as I have triggers that activate upon player skips a cinematic.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
There's the Game - Force UI Key and Game - Force UI Cancel trigger actions. You could use one of those after detecting a spell cast.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
There's the Game - Force UI Key and Game - Force UI Cancel trigger actions. You could use one of those after detecting a spell cast.
Sorry. I just tested it but I have other triggers that activate when a player presses escape. Thanks anyway. Any other ideas?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could set Shared Spell Cooldown to true, and give your spells a cooldown of 0.01 seconds. This causes the Spell Book to close every time you cast a spell.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Thanks but I can't change the cooldown of my spells. I think I'll just stick with the force escape and then change my other trigger. Thanks heaps :D

maxou

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Create a dummy unit from footman, when the player casts a spell, make him select footman, and then re-select your hero, here you are, you can keep your escap trigger on!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.