Completely Customizeable MechWars 2.0

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
At one point I had posted this map here, but it seems to have gotten deleted when the site had problems a while back.

Here is Completely Customizeable MechWars 2.0

A game in the genre of AoS and more specifically TankWars.

However with many enhancements.

1. Over 1,000,000 different mechs and 81 distinct weapons, not counting the ability to drop landmines!

2. A market! Prices for mechs and weapons increase and decrease throughout the game to make for different strategies each time.

3. The ability to upgrade your towers and creeps.

4. The ability to equip buildings with weapons.

5. A unique method for purchasing items and trading-in your mechs.

Give it a try. We've been having a good bit of fun online with this. Let me know what you think.

ThySpektre

Click here to download!

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
WOW that sounds great. I always liked Tank Wars, but it died quickly and no one hosted it. I hope this gets people to start playing it again. I will try it out soon and tell you what I think.

Are there reall 1,000,000 mechs!!!!

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Good map; it's enjoyable in single-player and (I imagine) fast and furious in multiplayer. I like that the spawns can be upgraded too; it's not just a focus on building the biggest mech.

I'm curious, though; in a game based on futuristic technology, why did you use the Ballista model for your artillery unit instead of, say, the Steam Tank?

P

Pawnable

1,000,000 Mechs? How is that possible? You know, a map can only hold so much.... you mean more than 1,000,000 combinations of weapons AND mechs? Or just mechs... o_O Get your caculations correct!

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Here, Spektre, don't say I never did nothin' fer ya.

There is only one mech model in the game. However, it can be customized with 10 choices of hit points, 8 different hit point regeneration rates, 8 choices of mana points, 8 different mana regeneration rates, 8 different move speeds, 1-6 inventory slots, and 9 choices of revive time.

10*8*8*8*8*6*9=2,211,840. That's not including the various kinds of weapon your mech can be equipped with.

Pawnable said:
Get your caculations correct!

Indeed. ;)

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:

There is only one mech model in the game. However, it can be customized with 10 choices of hit points, 8 different hit point regeneration rates, 8 choices of mana points, 8 different mana regeneration rates, 8 different move speeds, 1-6 inventory slots, and 9 choices of revive time.

10*8*8*8*8*6*9=2,211,840. That's not including the various kinds of weapon your mech can be equipped with.

Indeed. ;)

Thanks...when I posted it, i wasn't near my notes to calculate it ;)

ThySpektre

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:
Good map; it's enjoyable in single-player and (I imagine) fast and furious in multiplayer. I like that the spawns can be upgraded too; it's not just a focus on building the biggest mech.

I'm curious, though; in a game based on futuristic technology, why did you use the Ballista model for your artillery unit instead of, say, the Steam Tank?

There are some things I would like to improve.

1. The artillery and the projectiles from the towers do not look futuristic.

2. The terrain is blantantly ripped off from TankWars AnR as i am no good at terraining (full in game credit given).

3. Even with the upgrades the creeps are still relatively weak. Still on the fence about this.

4. Despite the extensive help menu and tips, new foks still complain they have no idea what is going on...

Otherwise though it makes from some fairly nice strategy tradeoffs especially in multiplayer.

ThySpektre

PS: And I would like for consistency to have all references of "mana" in game replaced with energy. Also a futuristic control panel would be nice.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:

So by that logic, there are billions of races in wc3, because each time you use it you can choose to spawn your units or build buildings differently each time.

You have one mech, dude.

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
So by that logic, there are billions of races in wc3, because each time you use it you can choose to spawn your units or build buildings differently each time.

You have one mech, dude.

That'd be a big negative Agent.

Do you judge a book by its cover? By any other name, woud not a unit smell as sweet? What makes a unit, some joined polygons and slate of pixels? Nay I say...and Nay again!

What differentiates units is their statistical differences. Movement speed, hit points, regeneration, etc.

So until a "unit" is defined by what skin it wear...make mine marvel!

Excelsior!

'Nuff said

:rolleyes:

ThySpektre

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Perhaps the next version of the map can use more weasel-words. Like..."over a million mech choices." Yep, nice to know that higher education is good for something...

In single player (my BattleNet link has been iffy all this week), I find that I rarely use mechs over 1000 HP, since they simply cost too much. Maybe instead of multiplying by whole numbers (500 HP=cost*1, 750 HP=cost*2, 1000 HP=cost*3, etc.), you could multiply by fractions (500 HP=cost*1, 750 HP=cost*1.5, 1000 HP=cost*2, etc.). Has anyone else been having this problem, or am I just playing wrong? :)

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Well he's got a point. A troll axe-thrower is different from a berzerker, if only by stats and abilities. Still, though, perhaps "over 1,000,000 mech customization combinations" would be more precise, if less enticing.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Luth said:
Well he's got a point. A troll axe-thrower is different from a berzerker, if only by stats and abilities. Still, though, perhaps "over 1,000,000 mech customization combinations" would be more precise, if less enticing.
Uh-huh.And you need a lot of work, too (with school pressing on your nerves)

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
BlargIAmDead said:
Perhaps the next version of the map can use more weasel-words. Like..."over a million mech choices." Yep, nice to know that higher education is good for something...

In single player (my BattleNet link has been iffy all this week), I find that I rarely use mechs over 1000 HP, since they simply cost too much. Maybe instead of multiplying by whole numbers (500 HP=cost*1, 750 HP=cost*2, 1000 HP=cost*3, etc.), you could multiply by fractions (500 HP=cost*1, 750 HP=cost*1.5, 1000 HP=cost*2, etc.). Has anyone else been having this problem, or am I just playing wrong? :)

LOL, I HAD to hype the game here. What else ya gonna do? :shades:

It's interesting you are playing it single player. I never envisioned it for single player and never tested it that way. Glad to hear it is fun 1 player.

Multiplayer though is great fun. In MP, you upgrade usually 2 or 3 times through the game. Seldom do you win with your starting mech, and if they are lobbing 900 damage photons at you...you need some hp's!

The best players though seem to do better (at the start) with lesser mechs...and better weapons)

ThySpektre

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.