Considering Selling: Motorola Blackbird Streamaster / Toshiba SD-2300U

WOLFran

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a couple of Nuon items I'm considering selling.

I have what I believe to be is Pre-released
Motorola Blackbird. I purchased it 4 years ago for my nuon collection.
It will include:
Base unit
Power cord
Remote Control with mouse (new in plastic)
Keyboard with mouse
Manual with "Preliminary" on all of the pages
Demonstration CD (new and sealed)

I also have a loose Toshiba SD-2300U with Remote and Manual.
It in perfect working order. It does have a few nick on the housing.

If any one is interested I'll consider any reasonable offers...

3DOMan

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I may be interested, what kind of prices are we talking here?

WOLFran

Reaction score
3DOMan your PM box is full. So I will post my reply here.

They have some information here on Nuon-Dome:

http://www.nuon-dome.com/hard_blackbird.html

It a Multimedia system. It has 32Mbytes or ram (upgradable to 64) I played around with the GUI a bit. It has quite a few user settings.

You can network it using wired broadband and load games applications etc (demonstration will be included). It doesn't have an optical drive.
It has lots of ports such as:

Front: 1-PCMCIA, 1-satellite card,2-DB-9 Serial Ports.

Back: Network, 2-Debug ports, Parallel, IR Blaster, Firewire, SPDIF COAX Optical Audio, Surround Audio: Left Right Center Sub Channels, S-Video in & out, PS/2 Keyboard & Mouse, Peritel Port?

Its still factory sealed. I never opened the case. Its very heavy and well built.
The Keyboard is slick it has one of the best built in mouses I have ever used. The Remote has standard function plus a mouse as well. I forgot to mention it will include a IR Blaster cable.

Let me know if you are interested. I can email you some pictures if you would like.

3DOMan

Reaction score
Cleared my inbox...does this run NUON games or just uses "NUON technology" ?

Also, was this system ever released retail?

WOLFran

Reaction score
To my knowledge, it does not play Nuon games. However is does run on Nuon Technology. I suppose it is possible to run Nuon games if you had access to the source code and some programming knowledge.

The one I have is a Reference model. I believe it was for development or testing. Hence the Debug ports and no DVD drive or front controls.

I could be wrong. Maybe someone here has better understanding of the system and its history.

3DOMan

Reaction score
A boxed Toshiba just sold on ebay for $50. A couple loose units sold on there recently for less than that. You should definitely lower your price.

WOLFran

Reaction score
I'm not in a hurry to sell. I have to at least break even on the sale. Sooner of later it will sell. Probably later than sooner. :D

3DOMan

Reaction score
Anybody have any more information on this Blackbird device? As far as I can tell it's a tivo-type device that was only released in Australia for a short period of time? And can't even play Nuon games, despite using "NUON technology"

It's appeal to me is quickly diminishing...

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Kevin used to have one, he probably still does. As far as I know, it only used the Nuon chip as the MPEG2 decoder. It did not follow the specs for memory and IO, so the games are not compatible. We could never get it to do anything, so it was nothing more than an expensive paperweight for him.

Stephen

3DOMan

Reaction score
Wow, did we just kill your sale? Sorry dude. We're horrible, aren't we? :/

WOLFran

Reaction score
No problem. I don't want somebody to buy something from me they will later regret.
Its a nice piece of hardware for a collector. But, it really doesn't serve a real purpose.
I'm lower my asking price on ebay and take a loss. Just so I don't have to take it with me when I move.

WOLFran

Reaction score
I comes with a demo disc with games and applications. You have to copy the data over from a PC. It has network setting for FTP etc... I think you can steam Mpeg2 movies over a LAN network. I haven't played with it very much its all speculation on my part.
It supposed to have a IDE connection inside, I have never opened it to verify.
Also, It does give you the option to stream movies over Parallel, Firewire port etc.. The manual is pretty vague, it outlines the system, basic setup, and some trouble shooting.

Some progress was made to port the internal flash memory to Linux. I can't locate the data anymore the site went down a while back.

K3V

NUON-Dome Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do still have mine and was able to get it up and working with some serious tech support from JagMod. If you go to: http://www.nuon-dome.com/hard_blackbird.html you'll see a write-up with screenshots of what I was able to get it to do. There is a Web browser, and some games included on the CD it came with.

I'd never be able to get it going again because it's been so long and I barely remember how we made it happen. But, it's not just a paperweight if you're willing to get down and dirty and get it setup right.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.