Crash when loading map

Blackgaze

Reaction score
... one day I create a simple title.

ANYWAY I need help with a nasty crash. my map "Battle Royale" which was recently released had a loading crash for an average of 3% of my players. Whenever the game loads, about 70% LOADED TIME of the loading screen just crashes for them...

I tried disabling the start triggers, map init and 0.01 seconds... FAIL
I tried disabling ALL THE DAMN TRIGGERS... FAIL
I then went crazy and deleted the loading screen and other various nick-nacks.... FAIL?

The point is, I can't solve this crash. Thankfully its the selected 3%; and I've spent some time with them trying to solve the problem. I originally thought they're computers were too slow to handle the map; but it turns out they had all the right computer requirements for very smooth gaming.

The least I could is post the map since there isn't much else to say; what on earth would a non-trigger related crash a small minority of fast-computer players? Honestly... too shame on Blizzard.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/battle-royale-program-154971/

Download link above. What's causing this crash guys? I ask any details if required but I don't have much of a clue this time around...

Nexor

Reaction score
3% isn't that many, it could be connection problem and such, more than 10% will be a problem I think

Blackgaze

Reaction score
Its not a connection Problem. The guy in contact has the same crash for Single Player games; nothing internet related. I should have said an average of 3-10%; it's not normal...

Blackgaze

Reaction score
Custom models/skins ?

Possible; but there are hundreds of maps built for custom models (Like maps 75-90% custom models). If there was one model causing it... that might help... but how would I know WHAT the cause is?
I can't delete one by onel, since I have too many (small sized, but many)

Icons take up 2 megabytes (with DISBTN) and models about 1.5 megabytes, and custom sound 0.5 megabyte. Music is 0.9 megabytes. Rest is map stuff

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Its not a connection Problem. The guy in contact has the same crash for Single Player games; nothing internet related. I should have said an average of 3-10%; it's not normal...

This could be important, are you saying every single player game crashes for him?

Blackgaze

Reaction score
out of the 20 games played; he could only join 2. He did manage to play though... but most of the time it crashes at 70% loading for him

Legacyspy

Reaction score
Is it a crash? Or does he just get booted to the end game score screen?

I've noticed that when a player takes a really long time to load the game will kick him out.

Blackgaze

Reaction score
Crash.

Other plays get the "Game Over" screen after I CTRL ALT DELETE about 3/4 minutes later... since I know it isn't gonna load (or if it does... its NOT meant to be this long)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.