Creating custom DoTs that can stack

bugbear

Reaction score
I have 2 debuffs that I want to create that are both DoTs, but not sure how to apply them to a unit without one overlapping the other since I am customed to using cripple to apply debuffs. Unfortunately this limits the amount of debuffs to only 1 per unit, since one will overwrite the other. Any links or thoughts to a possible solution?

These dots will be removing a % of max health from the units so they have to be scripted

Zealot

Reaction score
Take any direct aplying buff like Bloodlust or Unholy Frenzy and just make it target enemy units, and to make it red intead of green to seem like a debuff use color schemes.

You can't make a buff stack more times off the same spell due to the fact that it's hardcoded :/. But, if you take a aura and change it's buff the auras will stack no mather what buff it is.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
^^ Ehh, auras don't *stack* so much as the dominant one replaces the weaker once.

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Bugbear.

Make the Spell a not do anything, but create a Dummy unit. Then have a conditional. If the target already has Buff1, then the Dummy will cast Debuff2. Else, it wil cast Buff1.

You just need to have 2 different versions of the Dummy Cripple, each with a different Buff.

You could repeat this process for any amount of Dummy Cripples.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
You could count the number of times you apply your debuff, and add the unit to a set of unit groups that continually damage units in them.

Unit is in DamageGroup1, it takes 20 DPS
Unit is in DamageGroup1 and DamageGroup2, it takes 40 DPS
Unit is in DamageGroup1, DamageGroup2, and DamageGroup3, it takes 60 DPS

On and on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.