creep attack problem

wassat676

Reaction score
Help me with my hero line war

so, my hero line war is coming along but i have a few issues that i need to get through, so all of my problems for it will be posted here. If u need any of my code just ask me.

1. The creeps do not attack after they are sent, they just run directly to their target.

2.Income is apparently bugged and im not sure why, the people that are on team 2 say they get no income.
Code:
Income Addition
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters CreepSpawn1 <gen>
        Unit - A unit enters CreepSpawn2 <gen>
        Unit - A unit enters CreepSpawn3 <gen>
        Unit - A unit enters CreepSpawn4 <gen>
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
    Actions
        Set Income[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Income[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + (Point-value of (Triggering unit)))

Code:
Adds Gold
    Events
        Time - Every 15.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Add Income[1] to Player 1 (Red) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[2] to Player 2 (Blue) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[3] to Player 3 (Teal) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[4] to Player 4 (Purple) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[5] to Player 5 (Yellow) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[6] to Player 6 (Orange) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[7] to Player 7 (Green) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[8] to Player 8 (Pink) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[9] to Player 9 (Gray) Current gold
        Player - Add Income[10] to Player 10 (Light Blue) Current gold
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players controlled by a User player) and do (Game - Display to (Player group((Picked player))) for 4.00 seconds the text: (Your Income is:  + (String(Income[(Player number of (Picked player))]))))

i know theres an easier way to do that but ill get it later.

wassat676

Reaction score
trun around

3. Creeps turn around and go back the other way after they enter the point where they fun to the end. This happend a few seconds in to their run, they recieve the command to go to the end again and the actually run there, but onl after turning around.

heres a code from one such point.
Code:
Region 1 Move
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters CreepSpawn1 <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Neutral Hostile and Retain color
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Center of HeavEnd <gen>)
as u can see, no visible problems and there is no region where they are turning around

Drakens

Reaction score
1 - Use the Order unit to Attack-move or Patrol to Point
2 - Did you set the custom value of each creep created?
3 - Neutral hostiles like to return to their original point :p . Change Advanced > Constants > Creeps return distance os something like that to 99999

Anything.

Reaction score
1. Make sure you are using Attack-Move, not just regular Move when using the trigger. If all else fails, this means that the unit cannot attack the Hero at all.

2. Does the unit have a Point-Value? Your income triggers should work otherwise.

3. If the region is too small, this will happen. Make sure that the creeps have a low collision so they can walk closer to eachother.

Also, on a side note, try to use trigger specific presets, like Entering Unit, as opposed to Triggering Unit. It makes it easier for us and you to understand ;)

wassat676

Reaction score
havent tested yet but i think 3 will work, thanks but for 1 and 2 im unclear, not sure whhat you mean by it (drakens only)

wassat676

Reaction score
yeah the point value is there and correct and i also figured out they get income just they dont have a starting income which i think i fixed so well see

Drakens

Reaction score
1b - In the "Order (Unit) to (Move) to (Point)", change the "move" to attack-move (i think it's over the move in the list)

2b - Custom values are set in the trigger editor; i.e: "Set custom value of last created unit to 1". If you don't do this, your sistem won't work.
If you give the units to neutral hostile after being created, you could use their food used or any other value for the income ;)

EDIT: oh sorry, you are using point-value ^^ my fault, I thought you were using custom values :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.