Creep Revival System Help

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to fiddle around with quests and stuff and I've run into a problem. First, I've got to show you the three-trigger creep revival I'm using.

Trigger 1:
Code:
Creep Revival System Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set IntegerCRS = (IntegerCRS + 1)
                Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to IntegerCRS
                Trigger - Run Creep Revival System Initialization B <gen> (checking conditions)

Trigger 2:
Code:
Creep Revival System Initialization B
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Entire map) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Creep_X[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] = (X of (Position of (Picked unit)))
                Set Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] = (Y of (Position of (Picked unit)))
                Set Creep_Angle[(Custom value of (Picked unit))] = (Integer((Facing of (Picked unit))))

Trigger 3:
Code:
Revive Creeps
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile) and (((Triggering unit) is Summoned) Not equal to True)
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                QuestUnit[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Wait (Random real number between 90.00 and 120.00) seconds
                Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for Neutral Hostile at ((Center of (Entire map)) offset by (Creep_X[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))], Creep_Y[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))])) facing (Real(Creep_Angle[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))])) degrees
                Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
                Set UnitDead_NH[(Custom value of (Triggering unit))] = True
            Else - Actions

Now, I've got a quest where the player has to kill 2 specific neutral hostile units (bandits). The cinematic where the player is given the quest is supposed to show the units.

The problem is that the player might go to kill the bandits and then receive the quest and they won't show up in the cinematic because they'll be dead. The player will then have to wait the minimum 90 seconds for the bandits to respawn.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Decrease the waiting time? Make a hidden bandit, so the player can kill other bandits but there's just one bandit you can't kill? The possibilities are endless, it's just what works for you actually.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Create a bandit just before the cinematic begins, and remove it when it ends...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.