Crow Form

Murre

Reaction score
Hello! I just realised that the "Crow Form" ability is used a lot for making units look like they're being thrown or something (like toss for example). Now I'd like to know if someone could explain what it is and how it works. :)
Thanks in advance, Murre

Nighthawk

Reaction score
I'm actually not quite sure how it works.

I use alot of throw/grab spells in my game, and what I do is at the beginning of the trigger (after variables are set) I give the target unit crow form and them immediately remove it. Doing this allows the units flying height to be changeable for use in triggers.

I BELIEVE that once the units flying height becomes 0 again then the unit is considered a ground unit again.

GL :cool:

avalya

Reaction score
When you add Crow Form, then immediately remove it again, you will be able to change its flying height in the Animation - Change Unit Flying Height, which is very effective for making leap, jump and toss spells.

Murre

Reaction score
So something like this?
Trigger:
  • Crow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 50.00 at 50.00
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)

Murre

Reaction score
What? Why? :eek: Wouldn't the Crow Form be removed first, and then it attempts to set the flying height but fails?
However, could someone explain how a moving "Crow Form-Ability" works, like toss :p
(Just show me the moving parts, no need to show me how you set the variables etc.)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. As long as you Add then instantly remove, you can set it's height until it reaches 0 again. Well for the moving, you'll need to constantly increase height while moving the unit via a slide trigger. And when the unit is mid-way, start decreasing the height and continue on with the slide trigger.

Demerzel2

Reaction score
Some thing I'd like to know, when is the event 'unit enters playable map area'. What if the unit is already present :|.

jomik

Reaction score
Some thing I'd like to know, when is the event 'unit enters playable map area'. What if the unit is already present :|.

Why do you ask here?
The event is when a unit is created, summoned, moved from outside the playable map into it. But you should make your own trigger and explain it more thoroughly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.