Tutorial Cursor Tutorial

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
you can make a Cursor look like whatever you want!

the only thing you need is 2 tools wc3 image extractor and wc3 viewer and paint/the gimp / photo shop or anything like that and of course World Editor

when it time to paint you can freely use my Template that includes all of the alpha channels but if you edit the shape you have to edit so they fit i will explain a little later in this tutorial

Cursor tutorial

and heres what to do. open up my template or ( open WC3 image extractor and search cursor
then you will see humanCursor undeadCurser etc. choose the one you want, save it. )

The painting

(before you paint it check if your Image Editor can save it as tga.)

WC3 have this system to make animations of your cursor. you can experiment with that for yourself. paint it the way you like. when you've painted one that looks good you just copy the cursor and paste it above wc3 olds cursors

Some of the cursor occasions

Cursor33.jpg

• the hands in the Top is the animation shown when the cursor is over a unit
  • a little longer down there is some crosshairs that is used for all abilities who uses a crosshair to attack a enemy
  • the hand i the buttom left corner is the cursor that is displayed when nothing is marked, so this is the most important !
  • in buttom right there is some arrow shapes they are shown when you move the overview to the right/left inside wc3

paint it the way you like, if you have changed the shape of the cursor you should mark your cursor with "Magic wand" or manually so, that all of your cursors have matching shapes in the color "white in the alpha channel
it should look like this or like your own shape in the alpha channel
cursor32.jpg

save with the name "humanCursor.tga"

now open wc3 viewer. in a small window it says "convert files" then click on bmp , tga. or jpeg -> blp.

now we're done, the only thing needed is to import. go to your WE, and go to import manager, and import file (ctrl + i ) and find your "humanCursor.blp" or whatever you called it, change its path to one of these

Human = ui\cursor\humancursor.blp
Orc = ui\cursor\orccursor.blp
nightelf = ui\cursor\nightelfcursor.blp
undead = ui\cursor\undeadcursor.blp

remember to edit players race in " player properties" under "scenario" so you can set the right race, now its time to test it !

here's the result

test.jpg

i hope this guide will help you

all feedbacks is welcome

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of posting a new thread with the exact same tutorial with a few additions and changes please update the old one, located here.

Thanks.

*Opened to allow editing*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.