Custom Campaign fails to load a map

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been making a custom campaign lately, and now I have a problem: One of the maps doesn't seem to work with the campaign. If I load the map seperately it works perfectly, and the other map in the custom campaign also works (from inside the campaign), but if I click the Chapter One button in the custom campaign menu the screen fades to black, all the sounds stop, and then it fades back to the campaign screen, the sounds come back, and if I click the Chapter One button again, exactly the same thing happens. I would be happy to send ya the campaign or the map, but the problem is that they have big music files imported. Could this stop the map from being started out of the campaign? Or do I have to seek the cause somewhere else?

xPheRe

Reaction score
I don't think the size of your map is the problem.
I've seen campaigns bigger than 30Mb running with no problems.
Maybe make a copy of your campaign removing all music (or replacing with blank MP3's) and attach it.

Um... I remember one little thing.
Some time ago I inserted a map with quotes and periods in its name.
The map didn't work.
Then I change the name of the file and all gone OK.

I hope this helps

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I have been trying some things:

-Just recreating the campaign doesn't solve the problem
-Removing the music from the map does not solve the problem
-Totally recreating the map, copying the triggers from the old one does not solve the problem
-Removing any weird characters in the names does not solve the problem

What to do about it? It's gotta be finished within 2 days, it's a surprise for someone.

Edit:

Attached the campaign without music. The surprise4.w3x map works AFAIK, but the waytogo3.w3x is causing problems, it just doesn't start.

Edit2:

****!!! Now that map just works! I'll try reimporting the music and see if it keeps working! Please have a look at it anyway if you know which things could cause it not to work with music.

Edit3:

I found it! One of the mp3 files was corrupt. Now all I need is a way to fix that file (audacity =). And btw I removed the campaign again as this is now solved.

Edit4:

I was not exactly right, but this time I think I am. It doesn't matter which one of the two mp3's I import, the map works, but, if I import both of the music files, the map doesn't work. It doesn't matter which mp3's or wav's it are, it always fails if I import 2 music files. Weird, because, in the other map, 2 audio files are imported and that map does work... I am working on this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.