Custom Healing Salve effecting Hero Attributes

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Me again...

This time the problem is a Healing Salve. This healing salve is supposed to healing 1000 damage over 15 seconds, which it does, but it is also supposed to reduce the users agility and intelligence to 0 during the duration of the healing, as a penalty. It isnt doing that. Here is what I have:

Code:
Healing Salve DEBUFF
    Events
        Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    Conditions
        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Healing Salve
    Actions
        Set Hero_Agil[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = (Agility of (Hero manipulating item) (Exclude bonuses))
        Set Hero_Intel[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = (Intelligence of (Hero manipulating item) (Exclude bonuses))
        Hero - Modify Agility of (Hero manipulating item): Set to 0
        Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Hero manipulating item): Set to 0
        Wait 15.00 seconds
        Hero - Modify Agility of (Hero manipulating item): Set to Hero_Agil[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]
        Hero - Modify Intelligence of (Hero manipulating item): Set to Hero_Intel[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))]

Any ideas?

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
I want it to fire when the item is acquired. Because the salve works like a rune, it is bought, and consumed instantly. So as soon as the hero has it, the trigger should activate

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Is anything working at all?

If not, try debugging, and from there you'd be able to tell that it's the actions (or event) that's the problem.

Turns out Wyering was right. After debugging and adding text, to see if condition / event were wrong, i just changed the values to 1, and it worked.

Cant use values of 0.

Thanks.

I missed this site... 10 minutes on thehelper and problems ive been working on for over an hour and a half are fixed. Even if the answers I got didnt "solve the problem", they lead me to figure out how to.

Weyrling

Reaction score
While I'm glad I was right, could you try not mangling my name in the future?
You're welcome, btw.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Sorry I fixed it :p

Turns out Weyrling was right. After debugging and adding text, to see if condition / event were wrong, i just changed the values to 1, and it worked.

Cant use values of 0.

Thanks.

I missed this site... 10 minutes on thehelper and problems ive been working on for over an hour and a half are fixed. Even if the answers I got didnt "solve the problem", they lead me to figure out how to.

My bad, Weyrling :p

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
As a sample solution to the problem, try adding X amounts of Tome of Agility -1 and Y amounts of Tome of Intelligence -1, X being the unit's Agility and Y being the unit's Intelligence.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.