Custom Shop Question

Yuu

Reaction score
Hi guys !

Currently I'm making a custom Neutral shop that sells one item only. Generally, all players can buy from it. However, if a player meets a specific condition, I want to prevent them from being able to buy from this shop until the condition effect wears out. So, can anyone teach me how to create a trigger that can do this job for me ?

Thank you very much !

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm not sure about items, but I'm definite that you can make upgrades and units have a pre-requisite.

If we're going to use a "prerequisite unit" (like riflemen requiring blacksmith), make everyone initially have this dummy unit. If a player has this condition, or his hero has it, or whatever, kill all of his units of type (that dummy unit). If the hero, player, blah blah, has lost the condition, then create a new unit of type (dummy unit)

Yuu

Reaction score
Hi denmax,

Thank you for your suggestion ! However the tricky part here is that the Shop building I'm using is a Neutral Shop (so every player can use it), that's why your method isn't applicable since it only allows the building owner to train units with a techtree requirement. Do you have any further ideas to this problem ?

denmax

Reaction score
Are you sure? Ladder Taverns (one that sells Heroes) are neutral shops, but they still do have Tech Tree requirements on them.

If it can't work on items, the best I can think of is that you, instead, sell a unit, which will trigger an event to add that item to your hero.

EDIT:

your method isn't applicable since it only allows the building owner to train units with a techtree requirement.

So I think this is where you've made a mistake. You're not supposed to train them, you're supposed to sell them.

Tech Tree - Units Sold and Tech Tree - Units Trained are two very different things

Yuu

Reaction score
I played around with the Techtree - Units Sold but units listed there don't seem to accept Requirements, they are always available to buy for me. Requirements only worked when I tried to train units under Techtree - Unit Trained. Maybe I did something wrong :). But still, thank you very much for helping ! I'll try to figure out why it doesn't work.

denmax

Reaction score
Have you tried basing your dummy unit to a neutral hero like Pandaren Brewmaster? Just remove Tech Tree - Requirement - Tier N and set Tech Tree - Requirement - Tiers used to 0

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.