Customized Evasion chance (not by skill level)

A-SM

Reaction score
Hi guys, after trying so many ideas for my maps. I came to think that I should make a new chance for Evasion ability. Which are determined by the difference between the attacking unit's agility and the attacked unit's agility. I have a though that the main foundations would be:
  1. The Evasion Ability with 100% chance
  2. Adding the Evasion Ability when the difference between Agility in random integer between 1 to 100 is met
  3. Same as the second one, but instead of adding the Evasion ability we create a dummy unit which will cast something like Cloud Spell to make the attacking unit miss the attack.
From the first thread I created, I remember that in order to make the ability last for one hit, we should add a buff to the attacked unit and check whether buff is exist or not. And my questions are:
  1. How do we detect the contact between the attacking unit and the attacked unit if the attack is miss?
  2. Which one is better between point 2 and point 3?
  3. If we create one dummy unit to cast Miss-Based spell, will the dummy cast the spell to every unit that attack us? Assuming the 2 or more units are attacking at the same time.
  4. I'm still a little confused to order the dummy to cast certain type of spell to certain type of unit (like only to hero owned by player 1).
Thank you :)

Imp Midna

Reaction score
2.1: afaik, not at all. You could wait a calculated time span and count it as missed when no damage by this unit is taken within that time span, however, this will cause numerous problems since its hard to calculate them exactly, which is required when multiple units, even worse when both ranged and melee-units, attack it.
2.2: which makes 1.3 mostlikely better unless you find a way for 2.1, e.g a completely triggered attack system (which would be lots of work), in that case 1.2 would be better
2.3: It is possible to make the same dummy cast its spell on multiple units, its usually safer to create a dummy unit for every unit though
2.4: you cant. What you do is create a unit which is invisible, give it your interrupt spell, make it cast this interrupt spell on the attaacking unit, and kill it again. You would have to do it for every unit you want to interrupt / miss (see 2.3).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.