damage debris via spell/triggered spell?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
is there a way to damage debris via a spell ( iam using a "sword" item that should be ablte to active-select enemys and damage them) or to trigger it if the item-spell is castet on a debris?

i tried it with finger of death and allow debris as targets but somehow no effect appears and no damage occurs, i also tried with order casting unit to damage targeted unit of ability being cast but doesnt work either (most likely becaise debris arent units ;) )

need help...
thanks in advance

131ackout

Well

use a trigger to create a dummy that damage the debris, and also hide him. there you go?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
that would propably work (stupid me^^) ;) ill try soon but isnt there a way to make a spell target AND damage debris?

131ackout

I'm not sure, never have done this before. I think there's a way by triggers to damage that debris instead of creating the dummy unit.

But, I am 100% percently sure that the dummy unit might will do.

131ackout

Alright, let's wait for someone to come.

Also, why don't you try the dummy unit part?

jnZ

I
Reaction score
because iam a lazy guy and dont want to trigger something if there is no need for it ;)

jnZ

I
Reaction score
i just wantet to start triggering and noticed: how should i order the dummy to attack the debris if i dont know how to refer to the attacked debris? its the same problem like the problem i had with the order casting unit to damage etc etc, how to refer to the targeted debris?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.