Damage Done Frame Help?

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
(Ye I know all capitals looks a bit stupid;))
Ok here´s the deal. I am trying to make a leaderboard type of thing where I would show the damage done of all the units in a "party" of the map, if you must know it´s a Zul´Aman WoW instance. What I am wondering is, is there any event for when a unit takes damage, and then I can do something like "Add damage taken to the number of player 1 on Last created leaderboard"... or something like that? Any thoughts? +rep to good ones;)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
There isn't a generic unit takes damage event, so you'd need a system for it (Chocobo made a tutorial on how to do one yourself).

Then, just do something like
Code:
temp
    Events
    Conditions
        ((Owner of (Damage source)) controller) Equal to User
    Actions
        Set DamageVar[(Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))] = (Integer((Damage taken)))
        Leaderboard - Change the value for (Owner of (Damage source)) in LeaderboardVar to DamageVar[(Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))]
(the events are added from another trigger)

DamageVar is an integer variable with an array (it can be real as well, but integers are nicer since they don't have the .000 after them)

LoveTD's

Reaction score
you could use: unit - a unit takes damage event :p it's in the specific unit (you have to select the unit to use it or you can make a temp variable that sets the unit that is hit so that the event works on more than only 1 unit, there are some systems for that around here somewhere If I'm correct :p)

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Well the players only control 1 unit each... then I could make 1 variable for each players unit... hmm I will have to contemplate this abit... thanks all:)

LoveTD's

Reaction score
if you ad 1 unit with a variable don't forget to use the: trigger - add event to get your result :thup:

ow I found it out, quit simple actually ^^

Code:
Damage trigger
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to damage trigger 2 <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

and in the damage trigger 2 make a condition for the type or something else of the (triggering) unit :p
so triggering unit in the second trigger would be referring to the unit that is taking damage

(nevermind flare proofed me in the tutorial section this is not a good idea to use ^^)

Zhirgoyt

Reaction score
Hmm... would this work at all? Wouldn't this just be to check how much damage a unit is taking? Not how much someone is doing? Or could I do it like you mean and then have the second trigger be something like this:
Code:
Events: Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)
Conditions: (What would I have here?)
Actions: 
Add damage taken to player number of (owner of attacking player?) on last created leaderboard... something like that?

And what would happen if 2 units where being attacked at the same time?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.