WIP Deathlands' ORPG

Hellscream

Reaction score
Hello there,I always dreamed to make a RPG as I wanted.And,thank Blizz, it's possible with the World Editor.
I present you :
Deathlands' ORPG

Story:
One of the Gods,the greatest, has gone mad.Possessed by evils demons.His wrath tore Azeroth apart,leaving only destruction and havoc in it.Only a strong powerful artifact can save him and brought peace to this new war-filled land.But,this artifact is in another world,a world full of danger and mystery for the fools who dare travel the portal that leads to the artifact...

Current Team :

Hellscream : Triggers/Ideas/Terraing (Basic)

An introduction to Deathlands' ORPG's Features :
  • An advanced camera system which permits you to view your hero from different angles.
  • An arena to fight againt friends or bet for a battle
  • Enterable buildings,allowing adventurers to explore the world to the last detail.
  • An interessing quest system and more attractive quests than the "kill 10trolls"
  • A dialog system,allowing you to talk with any NPC to buy,get quest,clues...
  • Triggered and attractives abilities
  • Stats system allowing player to choose from 6 stats to customize the hero at 100%
  • An unique attachment system allowing you to see not only weapons but also armors,boots,legs...
  • Dinamic profession to craft useful objects.
  • A unique combat system that introduce lot of things like parry,block,dodge,critical etc... in the battle
  • A kind of menu allowing the player to manage hero's backpack,items,stats and other things
  • Lots of animations for eye-candy, changing animation depending on the weapon
  • Intelligent Creeps' AI with aggro system.They intend to cast the right spell in the right moment.They also roam the map and if a creep encounter another one,they "group" together and roam together,forcing players to do team-work
  • More than 20 classes,each one with his unique abilities,role and game-play
  • Lots of creatures in each area,each one with his own loot,spells and AI
  • Attractive and unique Dungeons,filled of bosses and traps.Be ready for a TRUE challenge

Recruitement :
I'm going to make triggers but it could be cool to have a modeller and a good terrainer.I know peoples only join if they have proof that something is done in the map,I don't have screenshots but 80% of the systems work perfectly.

soul_reaper

Reaction score
Sounds cool.A good RPG with not so many things useless.
Good luck on this,since lot of games fail...I hope your's will not :thup:

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This sounds like a list of the common MMORPG pre-beta commercials ... The problem is: They always lie :/

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This sounds like a list of the common MMORPG pre-beta commercials ... The problem is: They always lie :/

Sounds cool.A good RPG with not so many things useless.
Good luck on this,since lot of games fail...I hope your's will not :thup:

I agree with both of these. I also hope that someone eventually finishes their ORPG's from this site. I have joined a few and none of them have made it. So, good luck

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
From the ideas you posted, this sounds like it will be a ton of fun. However, like others have said, most have failed due to incompletion. Good luck and dont give up on this

Hellscream

Reaction score
From the ideas you posted, this sounds like it will be a ton of fun. However, like others have said, most have failed due to incompletion. Good luck and dont give up on this
Thank, I'm glad you find it funny.I hope I'm not going to give throught, I have lot of motivation and ideas
Can you upload your map with 80% of the systems working perfectly?

I'd like to but there is lot of things to be done yet :)

Legacyspy

Reaction score
The premise is that if you upload the 80% of the systems completed, then you have proof. Right now

Systems you've proposed:

Camera System:
* An advanced camera system which permits you to view your hero from different angles.

A system for betting and pvping:
* An arena to fight againt friends or bet for a battle

System for entering buildings:
* Enterable buildings,allowing adventurers to explore the world to the last detail.

An interesting quest system:
* An interessing quest system and more attractive quests than the "kill 10trolls"

Dialog system:
* A dialog system,allowing you to talk with any NPC to buy,get quest,clues...

Stat System:
* Stats system allowing player to choose from 6 stats to customize the hero at 100%

Attachment System:
* An unique attachment system allowing you to see not only weapons but also armors,boots,legs...

Dynamic Profession:
* Dinamic profession to craft useful objects.

Combat System:
* A unique combat system that introduce lot of things like parry,block,dodge,critical etc... in the battle

Backpack/item/stat Menue System:
* A kind of menu allowing the player to manage hero's backpack,items,stats and other things
* Lots of animations for eye-candy, changing animation depending on the weapon

Ai System
* Intelligent Creeps' AI with aggro system.They intend to cast the right spell in the right moment.They also roam the map and if a creep encounter another one,they "group" together and roam together,forcing players to do team-work

Note: I call things like using dialogs for chatting a system, because if you don't create a system and instead just do individual dialog trees for every NPC it will take forever. If you create a system where you can just designate text and responses it will go much quicker.

So really right now your just saying you have 80% of the systems, and I think people would be more interesting, and have more faith in the project if you actually showed us them. It takes all of a minute to upload a file so you have really no excuse for not having done it.

Hellscream

Reaction score
I still have to do the combat system.Throught, it may take time :)
Also, I'm looking for a houses models to use in my RPG :)

Hellscream

Reaction score
Yeah, but I'm progressing slowly :(
Throught, here's a overview of the alpha release's content :
-Enterable Buildings
-Inventory/backpack System
-Stats System
-Attachments system (maybe...)
-Quests
-Creep's AI + Mini-bosses
-Multiple Creep's type who's support the "creep group" in different way
-Combat System
-Camera System (Maybe...)
-Possibility to talk with some NPCs
-1 island complete

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.