Dedicated Server with ICS

B

Brock

I am trying to setup a dedicated server - I have ICS turned on in my Windows Server 2003 OS. I have opened all the proper ports on the firewall.

#1 - Can I host a dedicated server for the internet AND still play on it from my LAN

#2 - When you start a dedicated server.....what is supposed to happen? All I get is a black window on the desktop with 2 lines of numbers at the top that keep changing.....not sure what I am supposed to be seeing at this point.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Windows Server 2003
AMD XP1700 / 768MB RAM
128MB NVidia FX 5200
Cable (3mbps down / 256mbps up)
ICS (WAN=24.50.212.121 / LAN=192.168.0.1)
All Drivers Current

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
1) Yes.

2) That's the dedicated server window (the server's running). If you press the tilde (~) key, you can enter commands.

If you want an easier way to configure it, along with remote administration, visit http://www.blackbagops.com.

B

Brock

Manager Console

Nice Manager console from the link you provided - but I can not click the start button...it won't start the server....the original console will start it.....am I missing something?

Also, you said that I can run an Internet game AND play it from the LAN side as well. Would I just set the game to run on my WAN, then I would just look for a LAN game locally and it would show up? I am used to setting up an Unreal Tournament server....I hop this is similar.

Thanks.

B

Brock

Oh yeah...also I can not load the my map list into the console. I can browse to it....select it....but it doesn't show.

Any ideas?

B

Brock

Just noticed something..... when starting the default console that comes with the game....I get a busy hour glass in the console window that will not go away.....it is there all the time...is this normal?

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You should be able to just double-click the "BFServerManager.exe" file and configure your server (be sure to save your settings). Then, hit the "Start" button (with the dedicated server console window closed), and the server should start.

Make sure you're using the following file:

http://www.blackbagops.com/files/BFServerManager20beta3j.zip

You should be able to join the game through your network if you browse for local games and have the server running as an Internet game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.