Dell computer dose not run

Pie_Crust

Reaction score
Hello, I am posting because my family's computer is not working.

All that I know currently is that my sister was using it and it was about to storm, she turned it off and now it dose not turn on. The only thing that it dose is turn on make two beeps, the two beeps continue and comes up to the dell loading screen and stops from there.

They called the place and my mother had to go to work so they'll finish that up tomorrow. But that is a long and time consuming process to get through with.

So I'm asking you guys if you might know that the problem is, I figure u would probably be a lot smarter.:D

Thank You.:thup:

Pie_Crust

Reaction score
Dell Inspiration D530

To the best of my knowledge and what their sheet says:

Intel 8200 series pentium 4 processor at 1.8GHz DVH7511
2-4Mb of RAM
64MB NVIDIA GeForce2
180GB hard drive

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you still have the user's manual, look in there for beep codes, and look up what 2 beeps mean.

Pie_Crust

Reaction score
I looked at the only book I found for now, and there is nothing on it. Go figure, thx for the suggestions.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Are you sure you got the model right: what about a Dell Inspiron 530?

Assuming two short beeps, either the mainboard itself or the memory modules are fried.
See for yourself here. This information is also present inside your manual.

Merely turning the computer off during a thunderstorm doesn't really help, you could as well continue working on it. You also have to unplug the power cord, network/phone/monitor/... cables. Or, more generally: anything directly connecting to another device that in turn may conducts the lightning strike's electricity.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you got the model right: what about a Dell Inspiron 530?

Assuming two short beeps, either the mainboard itself or the memory modules are fried.
See for yourself here. This information is also present inside your manual.

Merely turning the computer off during a thunderstorm doesn't really help, you could as well continue working on it. You also have to unplug the power cord, network/phone/monitor/... cables. Or, more generally: anything directly connecting to another device that in turn may conducts the lightning strike's electricity.

enouwee is right here . very right i might add .

When i used to repair pc's and saw lightning storms somewhere mentioned on the repair note .. i would take out the networking card first since they usually go down first

if it is an onboard one ... well prolly mainnboard fried

BornANoob[MR]

Reaction score
Also, all the more reason to get an anti-surge plugin for your power input, this will cut it off if there is a surge of power, stopping the computer from being 'fried'

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
From what the others posted.

Most likey From my experince. Is, you just have to take the ram out and put it back in.

if fixs 90% of the hardware problems i find. that or a lose cord...Then agein i have seen some comps fried too lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.