detecting mouse position

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to detect mouse position on the screen as a point??

And if it is, is who would it react if you mouseover the interface such as abilities, inventory, status effects, damage, armor, portrait... you get what I mean.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with them, but i've read somewhere that they disable use of left/right mouse clicks and keyboard or whatnot.

true?

EDIT: read a lil more, okay, i don't like it, isn't there any other way?

What i need is to be able to detect where the cursor is at the time im casting a spell so that it knows where to cast it.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
RTC might be able to do that. I'd think. I don't exactly have a direct link, sorry.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
3 possible ways:
1). register clicks as event responses
you could use something like rally point or a point targeting spell. when the player is using set-rally or that spell you know where he left clicked

2). alot of trackables.
needs alot of jass and hard work for multiplayer

3). reinventing the craft
you can use reinventing the craft which will give you numerous new possibilities, however, everybody who wants to play your map needs reinventing the craft as well.

RTC might be able to do that. I'd think. I don't exactly have a direct link, sorry.

its stickyed in this forum <.<
RtC

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Of all of those RtC is only choice that i see as a possibility, i will need to check if using it has any other consequences.

EDIT: Okay i think i will try to do it with RtC, just for the testing purposes, however I am unclear on how to "install" it? Any suggestions? I've seen the "stickied" link but it really gives no clues on how to install RtC into the New Gen. Also the note at the bottom "if you ue cJass you will have to reinstall" confuses me? reinstall what?

EDIT EDIT:
I've tried to replace my rtc folder with the one from the link provided, when i first ran it it took a little more time to load, now every time i do, it loads normally.
But I still get errors when i try to use some of the natives such as GetMouseTerrainX(), I've imported the common.j to my map and saved it.
Any suggestion on what im doing wrong?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.