Detecting Spellimpact

Anderzzon

Reaction score
So I am going to make a "Dubbel Tap" for my Huntress, with every attack she lands there is a X% chance that she will shot another instant arrow that deals damage equal to her agility times <level of ability>. Though when you use the damage function it deals damage instantly, I want it to wait for the "spell-arrow" to land before the agility damage kicks in, anyway to do this without using JASS? (I should learn JASS I know...)

/Anderzzon

Skippy

Reaction score
You have to trigger it. If you don't want Jass, use GUI (but you should use JASS :p). Move the dummy unit of projectile to target unit and when it gets close, kill it and deal damage.

Anderzzon

Reaction score
So like,
event unit attacks
unit = huntress
if 1-20=1 then
create dummy arrow at location of huntress
order last created unit to move to "Dubbel Tap"
But then I have no idea how it will detect when it gets close.

I was thinking that maybe I could use Shadow Strike ability and make the buff be like .5 seconds long ang start a trigger which happens every .1 seconds for 2 seconds after the dummy cast and make that trigger pick the unit with hte buff and then deal the dmg? Seems easier. Ofc the trigger will turn on/off on cast to prevent lagg.

/Anderzzon

Skippy

Reaction score
So like,
event unit attacks
unit = huntress
if 1-20=1 then
create dummy arrow at location of huntress
order last created unit to move to "Dubbel Tap"
But then I have no idea how it will detect when it gets close.
Make 2 triggers.
1) Something like yours, but in the end enable trigger 2
2) Every .1 second, if distance between dummy unit and a target is lesser than X than disable trigger, kill dummy unit, deal damage ...

Your idea should work too. Choose the way you want.

Anderzzon

Reaction score
I think I am going to use my way. :) But thanks anyways besides who knows? I might have to use the other way sometime and then I have this thread to use as refrence.

/Anderzzon

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
The attack event will fire when the unit begins the swing (before the damage is caused), which can be abused by re-issuing attack orders constantly and therefore resetting the swing at an unintended rate.

Use a damage event system like Weep's GDD, which is easy to use in GUI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.