Gaming Diablo IV Won’t Be Anything Like Diablo Immortal, Blizzard Promises

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
With Diablo IV back in the news and the largely-maligned Diablo Immortal still a topic of conversation, developer Blizzard wants everyone to know that the two games are alike in name only.

Diablo Immortal garnered significant criticism following its June 2 launch for all the reasons mobile games are inherently disliked. By going free-to-play, the only way for Diablo Immortal to make money is through microtransactions that are annoying at best and predatory at worst, confirming the worst fears of both long-time Diablo fans and those who don’t want video games to prey on folks prone to addiction.

That’s probably why, when content creator Gothalion said he was “excited for [Diablo IV] to not have mobile-style monetization” after its showing at an Xbox event last Sunday, Blizzard global community lead Adam Fletcher quickly latched onto the backhanded compliment to distance the upcoming game from Diablo Immortal’s shortcomings.

“[Diablo IV] is coming out as a full-price game built strictly for PC and console audiences,” Fletcher wrote on Twitter in response to Gothalion’s comment. “The game is huge and there will be tons of content after launch for all players. Paid content is built around optional cosmetic items and eventually full expansions.”

----------------------------
I sure hope so because the way that Diablo Immortal was raked over the coals by core people in the community it better be different. It better be Blizzard quality and I am sure we will be hearing more about this once the Beta gets under way. As long as they don't make it a micro-transaction game or a pay per month I am going to buy it day 1.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.