Dice Roll system.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
I'm looking for a system that will mimic a number for Two Di being rolled and for whatever number 2-12 giving units. 5 different units to be exact. I've tried doing this and nothing seems to work. the roll would be an event from an a bility being rolled. I dont know Jass nor GUI well. so be kind:D

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
The rolling is simple:
Set SomeIntegerVar = (Random integer between 1 and 6) + (Random integer between 1 and 6)

How you plan to use that for 5 units... no idea.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
The 5 units will be used to buy things. Its the only way i can think of doing 5 Res.

Question: how do i Give a unit to someone that has been Affected by a Aura? What would the code be?

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
The rolling is simple:
Set SomeIntegerVar = (Random integer between 1 and 6) + (Random integer between 1 and 6)

How you plan to use that for 5 units... no idea.

That will get you your dice roll. But

The 5 units will be used to buy things. Its the only way i can think of doing 5 Res.

Can you be more specific with that? I'm not sure what you mean.
5 different units to be exact

And for that, do you mean it is going to create the random number of units choosing from 5 types of units? If that's the case, it would be like a random number generator within your dice rolling generator, and that seems very very complex.

You might be able to store the number generated from the dice roll into a variable, and then have another random number generator (1-5) to be run the amount of times of the number you rolled. Assign each of the 5 units to one number.

For example, you roll a 3. You will have your number generator, 1-5, run 3 times, making one of your units each time. However I don't know if you can do it on the world editor. There is probably a way, but there will most likely be many tears on the road to a successful way.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
Well, the roll only stats what "Unit" will be given, And only 1 "unit" will be giving to the player based on how many "Keeps" are in the Area. The map is based off of Settlers of Catan Which i find fun. plus it gives me something to do. If you know the board game understanding what i'm asking is a bit easier.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> If you know the board game

You may assume we don't.

And, clearly, without, it's just not possible to get how 2-12 relates to 5 unique Keeps per 1 player in an area.

Scauldingpon

Reaction score
In the board game, You randomly place the Res cards down making it so there are 19 hexagons on the table. there are 6 different Res Cards. Sheep, Grain, Brick, Ore, Barrens(is a spacer) and Wood. Each one has a number placed on it, Starting from 1 and going clockwise or counter clockwise around the board. Yes there will be double of some numbers. now when a player Rolls the dice. Depending on what number it is. if the Number on the Res card next to your town is Rolled. you get 1 of whatever Res that is. if you have Multiply Towns there you get 1 per town tha'ts touching the Res Card. This is why the Number means something to those 5 units. There are other things but this is what i'm stuck on atm.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.