Difference between Shockwave and Carrion Swarm

HellCraft

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity im asking. Is there a difference between Shockwave and Carrion Swarm(apart from the terrain deformation)?

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Carrion swarm puts an irremovable effect on the effected units for a second (that black "smoke").

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
And shockwave ripples the ground, which is much worse than importing a dummy model to replace the black smoke.

You'd be better off just making a projectile system, though.

HellCraft

Reaction score
And shockwave ripples the ground, which is much worse than importing a dummy model to replace the black smoke.

You'd be better off just making a projectile system, though.

I just asked out of curiosity as im getting bored, Im not making a shockwave-type ability.
Neways, the 'as im getting bored' reminds me that ill be ready to help on any map projects or do some spell requests xD.

Angel_Island

Much long, many time, wow
Reaction score
I think carrion swarm deals damage in a cone, while shockwave deals damage in a line.

Reaction score
A cone is like this:

Code:
\            /
  \         /
   \       /
    \    /

while a line is, well, a line:

Code:
|         |
|         |
|         |
|         |

That's how breath of fire works, as well as carrion swarm and breath of frost (the cone part).

Pyroflame

Reaction score
I think carrion swarm deals damage in a cone, while shockwave deals damage in a line.

No it works both ways. Both of them have a starting and ending AoE. By defualt shockwaves starting and ending is 125; carrion swarms is 125 to 300 or something like that (which is why it has a 2 second longer cooldown and is 10 more mana).

SanKakU

Reaction score
something i'm surprised no one has mentioned yet, the targets are also different. carrion swarm can attack air and shockwave can't and shockwave can attack buildings and carrion swarm can't. of course it's very easily adjustable.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.