Disable HP bar for single player (Jass help)

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Currently I'm using a selection circle of 0 to hide my HP bar but It appears randomly in places.
I want to get rid of the HP bar using the game- disable HP bar but for only a single player.

call EnablePreSelect( true, false )

How do I get this to only affect one player

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You can use a selection circle size of -5.0 to completely hide the bars. If you use 0.0 it might bug out.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
@jonas I don't use Jass some I'm really clueless when it comes to this stuff.

@Accname I just tested it and it works. I remember trying to do this before in an older version of world editor and it did the same thing as zero but it doesnt do that now. Solved!!!

Thanks guys. BTW do you know how I can make a unit transparent to one player but not another? I guessing this uses Jass but like I said, its not my area.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
-5.0 is the magic number here. It might be that you used -1.0 or -2.0 or something like that, because these values do actually not work. But if you use -5.0 or anything below it works correctly. This is not really a feature and more of a glitch of the wc3 engine. I think they never intended it to go into the negatives.

If you want to make the unit transparent only to one player you need to use the getLocalPlayer() function.
A (pseudo script) example could be:
Code:
if (Player 1 (Red) == getLocalPlayer()
    set transparency of (SomeUnit) to 25%
endif
This would set the transparency of SomeUnit to 25% ONLY for player 1.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, as I said, this was pseudo code.
I can not remember the exact syntax for comparison. But maybe you can google it or perhaps some other member here can help you.

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think creating a global player variable LOCAL_PLAYER and setting it via custom script, e.g., "set udg_LOCAL_PLAYER = GetLocalPlayer()", should allow you to access the variable in the GUI.
Note that this makes the value of the variable local. Be careful when using local values... Don't create net traffic when you use it or values that derive from it. Test your code extensively for desyncs.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
I have read through your reply about 5 times to try understand it. I get what I need to do but I'm not sure about net traffic. I guess Ill just have to test if it desyncs. I can't really test it since I will need to computers to see if one can see it and the other cant. Thanks for the help guys.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
What jonas means is that if you do anything other then cosmetic changes within that if-then-else block the game will desync. This is because you only do certain things for a single player and this can result in all players having a different game state. Cosmetic changes are fine (some at least) but everytime something drastic is changed the game might crash or desync.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Kool. Just wondering if you guys have any tips on testing things like this?
I dont always have access to two computers. Is there a way to switch and become player 2?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have fixed player forces in your game you can click on the name of the player force in the lobby to switch through the player slots.
If you do not use fixed forces you can not change your player slot in single player.

kingkwong92

Reaction score
Ahhh. Always wondered what it meant. My guess was a bit off. I thought it was for melee maps and the location which you spawn. Thanks for that

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Use JPNG 2.0.7, it has an option to start multiple instances of warcraft 3. That way you can host in the LAN and join with multiple players, testing for desyncs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.