Disappearing multiboard

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello,

In my map my multiboard simply disappears sometimes. It shows up then again later.

I never issue a Hide multiboard command. In fact, I build up the multiboard, and show it at map start (5 seconds in) and never touch it again excet to update cells inside it.

My map uses extensive dialogs and I uses Ryoko's hero revive trigger which generates timer windows. I haven't found exactly what causes them to disappear, but it seems to happen when I have dialogs open and a hero dies. It seems to come back when a hero is revive.

Ryoko's trigger uses local variables, so I don't see how it would be involved. I also don't understand how it "comes back" as I only issue a Show Multiboard command once.

Any ideas, the multiboard has important game information on it. I can't just let it come and go as it pleases :eek:

ThySpektre

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Mmmm... this seems a lot like either a blizzard bug or a corrupted map file. The problem seems to be that a timer doesn't like to be started with a dialog running, and the multiboard and the timer use the same interface glues. Does the timer still show up when the multiboard is hidden, by the way?

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Yes Ryoko's timer stay displayed across the top of the screen. Very strange. I have no idea how to check for a corrupted map file. It loads and saves in WE fine.

ThySpektre

Grurf said:
Mmmm... this seems a lot like either a blizzard bug or a corrupted map file. The problem seems to be that a timer doesn't like to be started with a dialog running, and the multiboard and the timer use the same interface glues. Does the timer still show up when the multiboard is hidden, by the way?

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
If this is indeed a Blizzard bug, what's the best way to contact them about it and any ideas for a workaround?

Is there a downside to "Showing" a multiboard every second or so?

ThySpektre

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.