WIP Discworld

prismpirate

Reaction score
DISCWORLD
Author: .food!(My Garena ID)
aorkls.jpg
Introduction [QINT] | Goal [QGOL] | Features [QFEA] | Factions [QFAC] | Progress [QPRO] | Screenshots [QSCR] |
Type Control + F, then search for the following codes to skip sections​

Introduction:[QINT]

Discworld, as the name suggests is a map set in the fantasy world of Discworld with its gameplay based on Life of a Peasant (LOAP). However, I promise that it will not be the shoddy piece of work most Life of a Peasants maps are. This is evident when you open up a LOAP map in world editor and are greeted with the messy, some useless triggers and an unorganized object editor. I have deleted all triggers, regions and set objects to default. What remains is the terrain, to whom I give credit to the original creator. Working on this base, I hope that it will help revive interest in a genre that has been killed by map editors who put little to no effort into the map, tarnishing the genre's reputation.

Goal: [QGOL]

The goal of this project is to create a map that is:
  1. Professional
  2. Balanced
  3. Unique
  4. Fun
  5. Open Source

Professional:

The author of this map assures that Discworld will have:
  • No empty or broken tooltips
  • No unwanted game messages
  • No unnecessary cinematics
  • No irritating game messages
  • No rainbow coloured text
  • No self plugging loading screen, quest menu or game messages
  • No -tips spam
  • No cheats

Instead, the author guarantees that Discworld will :
  • Have Flawless tooltips
  • Have Minimal but informational game messages
  • Have Proper Grammar and Spelling
  • Make players feel that Discworld is as natural as Vampirism, Island Defence, Castle Fight or DOTA etc.

Balanced:

There will be no GOD or Avatar, there will be no imbalanced Mafia overpowering the police. Discworld will be as balanced as competitive Dota Allstars maps.

Unique

You might see roles such as the mayor or the doctor, but the mechanics of these jobs are totally different. For example, the Patrician (Mayor) no longer collects money automatically. Instead, he has to take part in keeping the city peaceful. Another example would be how the Goblins (Drug Lord) no longer harvests lumber to buy drugs. Instead, he has to plant herbs from which he extracts solutions to mix and form powerful potions. Discworld will be a complete makeover from any boring LOAP map.

Fun

Pretty much the aim of any game, LOAP was designed with fun in mind. There will always be the 'LOLs' when an elf blows your contingent up, or when the weak alchemist overpowers you.

Open Source:

I do not believe in fame and in keeping secrets to myself. After all, all that I have learnt have come from this community, including the many systems that I have implemented. Hence, I would like to share my efforts with the community, to contribute. However, I know the fate of Green TD, and will hence adopt the following distribution method.

The map released for download will be protected. However, I will be willing to send anyone a well documented, commented map to anyone who pm me. This unprotected map can be shared freely. Protecting the map is just to keep away casual editors who make a change and call it a new version, diluting the genre.

Features: [QFEA]

The map has 4 main features which will distinguish it from the rest

1.Unrest System

Any crimes committed in the city will cause the unrest to rise, while any action to counter these crimes will bring the unrest down. The incomes of several factions depend on this, hence expect much warfare to change this unrest level.

2.Herb System

Goblins no longer harvest lumber to purchase drugs. Instead, they have to grow herbs which are then extracted for solutions and mixed to form powerful potions.

3.Peasant Attribute System

Peasants are normal people, and when they level up, they don't learn weird skills like storm bolt or critical strike. Rather, they level up attributes such as endurance, intelligence or speed which increases their hp, regeneration, attack speed or movement speed. This allows them to fit in to the theme of a peasant, and allows room for job skills.

4.Unique Jobs

If you thought peasants with no skills were boring, this is where jobs come in. Peasants gain skills according to their jobs. Jobs are also more interesting in Discworld, with much more complex and less repetitive, more player centric jobs being offered in Ankh Morpork (Major city in Discworld)

Factions: [QFAC]

The Gang of Trolls: The gang of trolls have to cause as much trouble as possible in Ankh Morpork in order for the peasants to fear them and pay protection money. Their income is based directly on the unrest level of the city. The higher it is, the higher the income for the gang.

The gang is headed by a troll who wears a cooling helmet to keep his head cool, allowing him to be intelligent enough to organize crimes of a large scale. The gang prefers to concentrate power in one individual, hence tends to employ many weaker units instead of a few strong units.

The Watch: The Watch's role in Ankh Morpork is to keep the city safe, which means bringing down the unrest level. It can do so by killing the Elves or members of the troll gang. Its income is based directly on this level, where a lower unrest level is better as peasants are more willing to pay taxes when there is peace. The watch can also make money by fining its enemies by arrest them using the watch van and placing them in jail

The watch was previously split into the Day and Night watch, which was subsequently merged to form the Watch as we know it. It employs watchmen from all races, although it prefers quality over quantity, hiring less but stronger units.

The Elves: The role of the Elves in the game is to cause as much havoc as possible in the city using their elven mines or by lulling citizens to sleep. They are weak physically, but their abilities make up for it. The income of Elves is based on the unrest level. The higher it is, the more money they receive.

Goblins: The role of the goblin is to plant and grow herbs, which it extracts for solutions that can be mixed to form potions. These potions can then be sold to other players or mixed to form stronger potions.

The goblin hero is weak and without skills, but his potions make up for that and the goblin is capable of becoming unstoppable if he is not controlled.

Progress: [QPRO]

Factions:

Goblins ||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Elves ||||||||||||||||||| 70 %
Watch ||||||||||||||||||| 80 %
The Troll Gang ||||||||||||||||||| 80%
Peasants ||||||||||||||||||| 0 %
Wizards ||||||||||||||||||| 0 %

Systems:

Unrest System: ||||||||||||||||||| 100%
Herb System: ||||||||||||||||||| 100%
Attribute System:||||||||||||||||||| 0%
Job System: ||||||||||||||||||| 5%

Others:

Documentation: ||||||||||||||||||| 30%
Terrain: ||||||||||||||||||| 70%
City: |||||||||||||||||||| 2%

Screenshots: [QSCR]
bhylvn.jpg

Elf Wrecking Havoc with Mines

1z2p2wy.jpg

Goblin Farming Herbs

33av2v6.jpg

Clash between the Watch and the Troll Gang

Download:

This is the very beginning of my project, although I can say 24 hours have been put into this. People willing to join the project can pm me, or those willing to comment can do so.

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Hello fellow Singaporean.

I suggest that you remake the terrain from zero too. :)

And btw, you should also state what helpers are needed for your project.

prismpirate

Reaction score
The terrain will be changed after I have finished the essentials such as the triggering and the units. The locations of key locations (Troll Gang, Goblins )will remain the same, although much of the town will get an uplift.

Edit: I currently do not require anyone although the map is free for anyone to download and modify. People who feel like helping can pm and I might make arrangements.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.