Do all models use a skin?

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
...and where are they?

I would like to "reskin" the Far Seer's projectile. Through the object manager I can find the path to its model and could probably extract the model with an MPQ editor. But I don't see what SKIN it is using.

Is it perhaps not using any?

For heros and so forth I can easily see how to extract the skin for modification.

ThySpektre

Sargon

Reaction score
I believe they all do.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Most missile models use skins. The biggest problem is that many, many models use the same skins. Like every lighting missile/effect uses the same skin for the lightning colors. You would not only have to alter the skin, but you'd have to alter the model, too, to use your custom skin (unless it's not a problem for your map that every lightning effect would look different).

ThySpektre

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Understood. It might not be a problem for this map. How would you find which skin a particular model uses?

ThySpektre

Grurf said:
Most missile models use skins. The biggest problem is that many, many models use the same skins. Like every lighting missile/effect uses the same skin for the lightning colors. You would not only have to alter the skin, but you'd have to alter the model, too, to use your custom skin (unless it's not a problem for your map that every lightning effect would look different).

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't exactly know where they are and I can't have a look at it here right now, but they are named like this:

8x8blizzardlightning.blp (or something like that, I am not totally sure)

Rad

Reaction score
8x8blizzardlightning.blp

Actually thats what they use for pathing (Except its .tga). Shift-Click the missle art to get the path, then use Wc3Viewer's (Download here) treeview window to go through the list. So if its units\human\footman then go to units > human > footman > footman.blp. Since its a projectile it would be alot different Im sure, but the same basic format. You could try pasting the path into the search feature (Ctrl+F) and it might come up with something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.