Do I have a hacker?

Cognitor

Reaction score
I got this message twice within 10 minutes:
"The system has detected a conflict for IP address xxx.xxx.x.xxx [(I just put x's for #'s] with 00:0D:88:C2:1E:[letter/number]... The Interface has been disabled."
Any clues on what this might be or if this is in fact a hacker would be greatly helpful. Thanks.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Please post your error message without your comments so we can plug it into Google and do some research. Just leave the IPs it reports we can strip them out when we search.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, along with the pure error message you are getting you should include information on what you were doing when you got it. Also, how are you connecting to the net? Are you high speed going through a router or are you on a home network - do you use DSL or Cable? Are you on dial up? The more information you give us the better, if we can't use the information we will just pass by it but whenever you ask a technical support question you should be giving all the information about your system, how you are connected to the net (if it is a connectivity issue, and what you were doing when the problem occured.

Cognitor

Reaction score
Well, it only happend once and I think it was just my computer being screwy. I don't think I should continue to persue finding out what it is. Thanks anyway. :)

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
You have something on your network assigning DHCP addresses and another computer is set to have a static address that is in the range being assigned by the DHCP server. This is not uncommon and does not require any real searching to find a solution to. Change the IP of the computer that has a statically assigned address to something outside of the range assigned from DHCP to resolve it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.