Dummy Blizzard targets middle of map

Uszi

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Wendigo Blizzard I
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard (No DMG)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Blizzard (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Blizzard (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Blizzard (No DMG) for (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Archmage - Blizzard (Target point of ability being cast)

I'm trying to figure out how to fix that.
I tried moving a region to the point of ability being cast before I did anything else, but that didn't work.

Uszi

Reaction score
I did, that works.

I thought that start the affect of an ability was undesirable, since a unit could cancel it and still get the ability for no mana.

But after testing it you would have to have some fast ass fingers in order to pull that off.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Try to remove the casting time in ability without damage.

Or..

Use other ability base

Uszi

Reaction score
Try to remove the casting time in ability without damage.

Or..

Use other ability base

the_ideal's idea worked. I kind-of already did the removing the casting time. It's an instant point targeted channel now. I've been testing the map, I haven't managed to cancel the ability on time to not pay the mana for it.

Thanks guys!

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
I did, that works.

I thought that start the affect of an ability was undesirable, since a unit could cancel it and still get the ability for no mana.

But after testing it you would have to have some fast ass fingers in order to pull that off.

No, this is impossible. That's why you use it in the first place. The alternative would be to use "Unit Begins Casting An Ability," in which case the situation you described could occur.

But "Unit Starts the Effect of an Ability" only registers once the effect of the ability has started, which means the cooldown has been activated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.