Editing Movie - Strange problem

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Okey, so me and a couple of friends have had this long problem editing a movie we made for a project in school. We finished the movie after shitloads of hours of work only to notice the movie was.. sortof corrupted and really messed up.

So, now, I picked up the old project again to try to edit the movie from scratch and see if it works. The problem is strange and kinda hard to explain, and I will try give an example.

|-------------------------------------|

Lets say that line is a timeline from a scene. If I start watching from the beginning, the movie works fine. Everything is in order, yay.

But if I start watching from the middle, the movie jumps to other clips, things dissapear and it is general messy.

We've had this problem for months now and any help is appreciated. I guess to movie is corrupted and the only way to fix it is to refilm everything again, but that is not an opinion and I will probably do anything but that in order for the movie to work.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
strange. does this only happen on your computer? Is there a reason why you would want to start from the middle?

What kind of editing did you do to the movie?

It might also be possible that the movie is too big, but that is just a guess.

Cornface

Reaction score
I used Pinnacle Studio 12. The uncutted "raw" version of the film was 1.2 gig.

When we finished editing the film and exported it, 210 MB. When looking closer, I noticed I have 2 finished movies. One as I said, 210 MB and one 775 MB.

Cornface

Reaction score
I am bumping this again.

I noticed something too. When I start up the unedited version of the movie in VLC. It says that the movie is 46 seconds long (WTF) When it actually is closer to 18 minutes.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Use different video software and see if you get similar results. WMM perhaps??

Cornface

Reaction score
Latest answer ever but, yeah, tried both Pinnacle Studio and Windows Movie Maker. It seems that the worser video quality, the less lagg studdering and frame "jumping"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.