Skinpack Empty ping

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Ever want to disable player pings? Probably not, but if you did/do, simply import these into your map.
Set your paths to:
ui\MiniMap\ping2.blp
ui\MiniMap\ping4.blp
ui\MiniMap\ping5.blp
ui\MiniMap\ping6.blp

Next Create an empty text file, import it to the map, and set its path to:
Sound\Interface\MapPing.Wav

If you do want to have player pings, simply make a trigger that pings the location. You might have to change the type of ping to flashy or warning, but ill check this then update.
Information on the skins:

Included in this file are 4 skins. ping skin 2 4 and 6 are completely alphaed out. Ping skin 5 is replaced by the original Ping 2.

Ping:2: Originally a circle with a dot in it.
4: Originally an empty circle
5: originally the flash warning
6: originally the exclamation mark
How to disable ping button. Although i havn't found a way to truly disable it, to make it grey, simply go to game interface-minimap button enabled, and replace it with:
UI\Widgets\Console\Human\human-minimap-ping-disabled.blp.

Useful for: Who's the killer maps, where you dont want people to ping the killers location

Update: Preventing spacebar pings
As pointed out by black sheep and firewolf, pinging is still technically enabled(just hidden)and there for, when you ping, a space bar point is made, if nothing else. The trick to fixing this is simple:
Code:
Fix spacebsar
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Camera - Set a spacebar-point for (Picked player) at (Position of (Random unit from (Units owned by (Picked player))))/CODE]
 Of course, it can be optimized for different genres. Since the genre of the kap im making is a phase killer/Whos the killer style map, and the killer gets two units, ill gibe an example on that:
Step 1: Create a boolean called: Transformed
Step 2 set its default value to false in an init trigger
Step 3: Create the following code, and modify it as you wish.
[wc3]Ping
    Events
        Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Picked player) Not equal to evil
                    Then - Actions
                        Camera - Set a spacebar-point for (Picked player) at (Position of (Random unit from (Units owned by (Picked player))))
                    Else - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                Transformed Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Camera - Set a spacebar-point for evil at (Position of Cultist 0013 <gen>)
                            Else - Actions
                                Camera - Set a spacebar-point for evil at (Position of (Random unit from (Units owned by evil of type Villager)))[/wc3]
Basically what it does is sets a spacebar point for the non players at the position of their unit(Assuming they have one unit, if you need multiple units, simply add a unit array variable with a member for each player, add the spacebar unit to it, and use that instead of random unit owned by player)
If the player is evil, it detects if the unit is transformed, and if it is, sets the space bar point to the transformed unit. If the unit is not transformed, it sets the space bar point to the villager/townsperson/spaceman/Whatever.

Alternative method for blocking space bar: the camera
If, for some reason, you dont want to do it this way. You can disable the camera points by creating a locked camara. The following trigger will create a single unit for eacd player, and lock camera to that unit. 

[wc3]Camera
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Player((Integer A))) at (Center of Region 009 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
                Set CamUnit[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
                Camera - Lock camera target for (Player((Integer A))) to CamUnit[(Integer A)], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

[/wc3]

I personally suggest using the first method, as having a locked camera can annoy many players.
Credits: Skins created with gimp
Space ar tutorial created due to black sheep and fire-wolf

Any comments/Suggestions?

To admins/Mods: I know this is a simple edit, and in fact my first successful skin, but I think its useful.

Attachments

• ping2.blp
    16 KB · Views: 288
  • ping4.blp
    14.8 KB · Views: 295
  • ping5.blp
    16 KB · Views: 298
  • ping6.blp
    5.3 KB · Views: 277
  • Minimap.zip
    36.1 KB · Views: 256

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Make it a zip file its easier to dl. =) for lazy people like me.
Hmmm i like the idea now can you make it so it just shows the ring or the exclamation mark? by not overwriting those paths?

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Make it a zip file its easier to dl. =) for lazy people like me.
Hmmm i like the idea now can you make it so it just shows the ring or the exclamation mark? by not overwriting those paths?

Try it :)

Ill add it to a zip file then

black.sheep

Reaction score
Wasn't there a function that disabled pinging? I seem to remeber Phase Killer having it.
Oh, and you can press spacebar to center your screen on the ping.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Wasn't there a function that disabled pinging? I seem to remeber Phase Killer having it.
Oh, and you can press spacebar to center your screen on the ping.

I couldnt find a native that did so. If there is please tell me. I really want to know

Also, to avoid this, you could add a camera lock, seeing how most games where you would want to disable ping would be single controlled unit

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Or by just constantly setting the space bar point to your unit ;) Its a cinematic event :)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
To make the code into:

Trigger:
  • <div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--screenLimited bbCodeBlock--code"><div class="bbCodeBlock-title">Trigger:</div><div class="wc3trigger"><ul class="wc3" id="wc3_1">
    • <li class="lasttree"><span class="default">tags?</span></li>
    • </ul>
    • </div></div>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.