Errors and Freezing on Exit for no apparent reason.

Derek0

Reaction score
Sorry if this was already posted, I don't have time to check.

For no apparent reason, we get random errors during my gameplay of my map. These errors tell me the application had to close and gives me a file path for a file ending in .cpp (C++ file, if I'm not mistaken). The file path is different each time, though they're all .cpp files. They appear to happen for no reason, at random times within my map, usually during the end.

If an error does not occur, the game freezes on defeat, victory, or even when I exit the game. I've had to restart my computer each time I play and nothing is working.

Please help, I g2g right now but I'm hoping I can get an answer by the time I get back :(

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Your trigger(s) what fire in game end cause desync(s). Some trigger(s) actions cause critical error(s) when ran (Maybe missing or wrongly set up data for actions or wierdly nested loops, etc.). I' m not sure though.

Derek0

Reaction score
Your trigger(s) what fire in game end cause desync(s). Some trigger(s) actions cause critical error(s) when ran (Maybe missing or wrongly set up data for actions or wierdly nested loops, etc.). I' m not sure though.
If a trigger causes the critical error, why is it only causing it to one person at a random time for no apparent reason? :(
And how would I fix the desync(s)?

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
try other maps, did this similar problem occur too?

btw did you insteall c++ or c programming softwares in your pc
and you accidentally made the warcraft files are required to be open using
that software

when did this problem occur? recently?
have you tried system restore?

Derek0

Reaction score
try other maps, did this similar problem occur too?

btw did you insteall c++ or c programming softwares in your pc
and you accidentally made the warcraft files are required to be open using
that software

when did this problem occur? recently?
have you tried system restore?
No, this problem only occurs with thie one map.

I did not install any c++ anything, and it's happening on my brother's computer as well, and he doesn't even know what c++ is, much less would he install it.

This problem only occurs with this one map, It started when I started testing this map, always with the errors and freezing. It does not happen in any other map.

Derek0

Reaction score
After further inspection of my computer, I do have Dev-C++ installed, but my brother has nothing related to C++ on his, and his errors occur more frequently then mine.

Please help, he really wants to play with me and I really want to play with him :(

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
try re-downloading the map, perhaps the map is already corrupted <3

would you like to send a sample of that map here for theHelper.net to inspect?

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
The cpp file will be part of warcraft IIIs debugging and not relate to anything else installed on your computer.

Check for:
Pan Camera as Necessary
Infinate Loop
Player that doesn't exist (Player(-1) or something)

Derek0

Reaction score
The cpp file will be part of warcraft IIIs debugging and not relate to anything else installed on your computer.

Check for:
Pan Camera as Necessary
Infinate Loop
Player that doesn't exist (Player(-1) or something)
Ok, I will when I get home, though why would an Infinate Loop only boot one person?

Could it have somthing to do with computer stats? My brother's computer is the oldest, and he gets the errors alot, while my laptop is rather newer, and it doesn't get that error as much (It just freezes when I exit all the time).

Also, like I said before, the errors only happen later in the map. It's a Hero Wars style map, and it seems to happen mostly when we push them back almost to their base. I kind of made the map a little too big by accident, and I ended up with 60 or so towers (30 on each side, with 20 out and 10 inside the base for each side), 48 heroes to choose from (24 on each side, in hero arena style) as well as the heroes you create and the item buildings, and not to mension that 400 or so army units that spawn over time. Could the massive ammount of units being displayed on my brother's old computer cause an error like this? Only thing is that he doesn't seem to lag at all before the error...

Oh, and the final thing that's different about my map is that I used AceHart skills customization system (once again, thanks AceHart!) But none of the triggers it uses should be running when my brother gets the error.

I think when I get home I will export the tiggers and objects and remake the whole terrain, making it smaller and all, and hope that that fixes this problem. Is there a way to export reigons?

Derek0

Reaction score
Ok, Ok, I got the exact error, and one part of it that my dumb brother forgot to mention stands out.
Program: F:\Program Files\Warcraft III\war3.exe
File: E:\Drive\temp\buildwar3x\engine\Source\Base\CDAllocator.cpp
Line: 152
This application has encountered a critical error.
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

I realize now because of the bolded part up there that it's not a problem with my map, nor Warcraft III, it's a problem with my brother's old computer which doesn't have enough storage left.

Now, how would I go about fixing this? Would I make him close all other running programs? Isn't there a way to set virtual memory higher or something like that? Is there anything in my map I can change to help this?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> did you install c++ or c programming softwares in your pc

This must be the most "unrelated to the problem" question ever asked in these forums...

Anyway, sudden (more or less) lag that happens "near the end" is most likely caused by memory leaks.
It also makes maps take forever to exit.

Alternatively, there might be some trigger that crashes and only runs about that time.
Like something that happens when a particular unit or building dies...

Derek0

Reaction score
Anyway, sudden (more or less) lag that happens "near the end" is most likely caused by memory leaks.
It also makes maps take forever to exit.

That sounds alot like my problem, I will try following one of the memory leak tutorials when I get home.

One of the tutorials I read said that Warcraft III cleans up the memory leaks at the end of playing a map. Does that mean there's a JASS command to clean all memory leaks? I don't do much JASS.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
That sounds alot like my problem, I will try following one of the memory leak tutorials when I get home.

One of the tutorials I read said that Warcraft III cleans up the memory leaks at the end of playing a map. Does that mean there's a JASS command to clean all memory leaks? I don't do much JASS.

Yep, that's why there are JASS tutorials, for memory leaks.

However, there isn't just one command to clean them all up... you have to clean each one up individually.

Here are some of the ways:

call RemoveLocation(udg_VARIABLENAME) (Points)
call DestroyGroup(udg_VARIABLENAME) (Unit Groups)
call DestroyForce(udg_VARIABLENAME) (Player Groups)
call DestroyRect(udg_VARIABLENAME) (Region)

etc.

Derek0

Reaction score
However, there isn't just one command to clean them all up... you have to clean each one up individually.

So at the end of the map, all it does is run those for every variable defined?

EDIT: Yeah, I had two triggers that ran every 0.10 seconds that leaks a group leak, so thats 10 a second each, or 20.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.