RPG F. O. E.! (recruitment)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
I actualy dont know what F O E stands for, but its seperated in the game just like that

Im makeing a first person dungen crawler based off of Etrian Odyssey, i alredy have the random battle seed, death system, and movement system

i dont really want to say much about the battle system right now because im recruiting for a differnt purpose

the recruitment process dose not reqire my map or any of its triggers, you just gotta be a hella good terrainer and or maze desinger, as i said this is a first person dungen crawler so yes, i need mazer for you to crawl in

The game's system works in a 128x128 sized tile (thats how far you move when you take a step, 128) so try to make it look like its tiled to that distance. The dungen takes place in the ashinvile forest tileset, we can put more but i only have so many free tiles to use so keep that in mind.

As for the game credits, when the Text msg appears telling the player what floor their on, itll state who made that floor of the dungen, your user name might also come up as a random hero name on the class of your chice (ill inform people when the classes are finalized) also you will recive +rep if i can +rep. Also try to put doodads to make the maze look pretty, remember the prettyer the dungen is, the more people would enjoy the map and the work put into it.

Oh some notes, the game will NOT FEATURE a save/load code system, this is for balanceing and i dont want players to rely on a uber high level to carry the level, this game was ment for building bonds between 5 friends (5 party members) and will reqire full utilization of wc3's save and load feature.

The game will so be extreamly long (im thinking maby 20 to 30 floors with boss floors <idea came from persona 3> inbetween along with the F O E monsters (youtube F O E iosys to find out what they are.. erm... or get a general idea of what they are) it shuld take roughly 30-120 minutes a floor.

If theres a way to figure out if the game was loaded can anyone tell me, cuz if the game was loaded i want to warp the players back to town (at the cost of either the entire partys gold or an escape rope <all the gold if the party dosent have an escape rope>) and the only way to escape this is to save in the town.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
So... you're recruiting people to do terrain?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
pretty much, but the terrain thell be makeing will also be a maze in which players must navigate though (not your normal wc3 mazes where your dogeing thigns left and right, think old school mazes like the ones you do on kids meals menus (if you can remember that far back)), once again the pathing for the maze is made in a way so that it can be split into 128x128 squares (aka the size of a farm)

please note, since it is a maze there shuld be a entrance and exit

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
still noone wants to help make mazes? T.T

somethingto stirr you up then.

Ability Level Up Style
-Exp is put into AP which is distributed to every player at the end of battle as lumber, this replaces the EXP earned in combat
-From there, the AP can be used to learn new skills or biuld character stats, when you train a skill, it will give Exp to your hero depending on the cost
-Leveling up your hero will give you a small stat increase bonus, most of your stats will be aquired via training te stat with AP. Some skills also increase the stats of the user, this will only benifit your hero, there is no downside to leveling.
-Every class has their own skill trees to work with... which is kinda standardized now
-No skill has a level reqirement, only pre-request skills and pre-request skill levels.
-If you maxed out your character, you obviously have been playing my map for too long -_-

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
I respected you before psi.

But guess where that respect is now, going down a drain in a "Whoosh" fashion.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
itll be a while till i get my self back on the slide triggers (like my shooters) i wanted to take a new genra for a spin.

oh well, ill make the first level and release it as a demo, the systems are once again practcally done (with minimal content -_-) so all thats left is the content (and yes im a horrible laberinth desinger, but i dont want to make a random dungen since i want you to manually map it out yourself, so you have a refernce if you have played though it before)

Most likely itll have the newbi class and the first base classes <planning on makeing a RO based job change, which is based on your level <this will only unlock new spells you can learn, it will not remove old ones, but it will lower the exp gain per spell>

The map is strongly based on dungen exploration other then grinding (i might have to change the mechanics of the map to get that working)

Also, windex, judge me again after you try the demo alright? im gona be pulling my legg for this map (most of the failed battle systems from before helped me make this one)... you know i take your advice well

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
It has more to do with creating a recruitment topic (eww) about an rpg (ewww) without any work shown (ewwww)

Otherwhys, looks 'decent'.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
yea, i have a tendancy to jump around my maps, most of the systems i make for one is reused in another map that has a new implimentation as it, the problem is that this tendacy only allows me to develop systems for the map and never get that much content out.... You know my maps always comes out better this way haha

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.