Favorite Genre?

What is your favorite Genre?

• Total voters

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
i dont get whats all these shit about rap coming from people who listen to rock?

if you dont like it, then dont you dont need to go around explaining what rap is like.

i can just easily tease about rock its not hard,

and rap is not talking, get that right. Otherwise it would be called talk music?

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Taken from Wikipedia:

Rapping (also known as emceeing, MCing, spitting, or just rhyming) is the rhythmic spoken delivery of rhymes and wordplay, one of the elements of hip hop music and culture.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
If rapping was talking it would be Spoken Word.
While I remain completely neutral in this matter of whether rap is talking or not, I'm of the opinion that Rap doesn't require as much talent as rock :p

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
anyone can rap if they spent their whole life doing it.... rock on the other hand requires talent.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
anyone can rap if they spent their whole life doing it.... rock on the other hand requires talent.

anyone can play guitar/drums/bass if they spend their life practicing it.
Rap requires talent of using words perfectly

We can argue on forever, its just some people who always wants to have a go at rap because they think its so shit that it doesn't belong to music.

Zakyath

Reaction score
lol, I want to hear those who think that rap is just normal talking talk. it's music, just as rock. Just a different kind of music. I can say that metal's not music, it's just screaming and lots of noise. It's a just as stupid statement.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
lol, I want to hear those who think that rap is just normal talking talk. it's music, just as rock. Just a different kind of music. I can say that metal's not music, it's just screaming and lots of noise. It's a just as stupid statement.

Pardon me but that's a really really stupid argument. The genre metal has got a huge amount of sub-genres, some of these that contains this screaming and noise you're taking up (death metal for example). Power metal for example aims for melodical songs that's acually joyful listening too. Helloween for example used to be speed metal but went from that to pioneers in the power metal genre, they now play some mixture between the two.

If you're planning on argumenting do not generalize since generalization is probably the worst thing you can possibly do in an argumentation.

Zakyath

Reaction score
You misunderstood. Yeah, I know it's stupid. That's why I said it. To make a point. I know what metal is, I listen to some metal bands, but it's just as stupid as when you guys are saying rap music is just talking, it's pretty much more than that.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
...And you didn't list the only genre that really means anything: Metal.

Which is why I didn't vote. :p

Although
"Hard Rock: This is for the stronger influence type rock music. If you like Heavy Metal, Punk, or any other heavier version of rock, vote this option."

But Hard Rock is nothing at all like metal...

Reaction score
I don't really know what genre these fit in..

Disturbed
Metallica
Children of Bodom
Dimmu Borgir
Drowning Pool
Ill Niño
Opeth
Sentenced

I can't say.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Metal's pretty good probably should have been a choice. Though to me it get's old listening to it, all the subgenres sound the same as each other. And Hair Metal sucks, for the record.

And the above poster, your songs belong in Hard Rock, most likely.

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
I'm Atreyu ---> Hard Rock, Metal.... And.. More Rock! I also love Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin.

OFF-TOPIC:
Favorite Atreyu song: Falling Down
Favorite Linkin Park song: Shadow of the day
Favorite Breaking Benjamin song: Medicate

Goblinman007

Reaction score
Ooh, Breaking Benjamin, many people dont know that one ;D Anyways, you left out Grunge :mad: But yeh, its quite a subgerne. I like Grunge, Metal (not too hard D: ), Rock, Pop (I guess..), funk-rock and so on. Well it is just so very hard to actually classify something as one gerne. My WMP classifies half of my music as Alternative :rolleyes: And theres some absurd classifications too. Since wher is Seether pop?

About that rap argument... Its Rythmically Arranged Poetry. So basically just Shakespares work raped. But I think it can be classified as music, it has the element of rythym. And I know some rappers, and I get it that some like it, I dont but anyways..

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Pardon me but that's a really really stupid argument. The genre metal has got a huge amount of sub-genres, some of these that contains this screaming and noise you're taking up (death metal for example). Power metal for example aims for melodical songs that's acually joyful listening too. Helloween for example used to be speed metal but went from that to pioneers in the power metal genre, they now play some mixture between the two.

If you're planning on argumenting do not generalize since generalization is probably the worst thing you can possibly do in an argumentation.

Who says rap doesn't has a lot of sub-genres? :rolleyes: If you don't manage to differentiate them and see the music in it then shut up. Honestly, I, a guy that listens to very little rock, would make no difference between a lot of rock genres, because they would sound alike to me. I admit that, since I don't listen to rock. If you don't listen to rap, then why talk shit?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.